Saturday, September 19, 2020

August 31 - September 6

 The first week of September was all about getting ready for Valentine and Labor Day at Tim and Laurie's, then people started dropping like flies. Dylan was diagnosed with Covid, Estill's were in quarantine from and exposure and Becca woke up Friday morning with a temp of 100. Is 2020 over yet?

   Monday August 31 I took the kids to school then came home to run, clean, and do some laundry. I then mowed the grass and went to town for a late lunch with Mike. Rachel had volleyball practice after school and Becca, Alec and I went to town for Sam's JV football game.

Sam is #20


   Tuesday I took the kids to school then went to town and ran some errands. I came home and canned pickles and then cleaned up the kitchen. After school Alec went home with Delcey, Rachel went to volleyball practice and Becca and I went to the dentist to get a tooth pulled so that a grownup tooth would come into the right spot instead of laying down. After the dentist we picked up Alec came home to eat quick. Alec and I then went back to town as he had his first flag football practice. After I dropped off Alec I picked up Rachel and she had a quick taco salad in the car before we went to her band meeting. She is playing Kristi's flute this year for band. Mike came to town to pick up Alec as I was not sure how long our meeting would last. We all got home about the same time. Rachel and Alec showered and it was time for bed.


   Wednesday the kids had school and I came home and cleaned the camper to get it ready for the weekend. I then went to town for lunch with Mike and to pick up my Walmart order. After school we went to the park for Becca's first volleyball practice. I am coaching her team this year for 3rd grade volleyball. We have 8 girls out and have lots of things to learn. After volleyball we went to church of Father's welcome back to school mass then it was home for bed. Thursday I took the kids to school then went to town to run errands. I then had to run to Sutherland to drop off registration money for church and then ran out south to check cows. After school I picked up the kids and Jensyn and Delcey as Jen had an appointment. We came home and worked on spelling words before taking Alec to practice and Jensyn and Delcey home. While Alec was at practice Jen and I went to finish setting up the church for our first week of CCD. 

   Friday Becca woke up with a sore throat and a temp of 100 so I called mom and Pat and told them I didn't think we should come to Valentine as I was not sure how sick Becca really was. I was very bummed that we were not going to Valentine as it is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Becca and I did some snuggling and watched a couple shows. She was not getting any warmer but just didn't feel good until after lunch. I picked up Rachel and Alec from school and Mike and I headed out south to move the Campbell cows or open the gate so they had more water. When we got out south we found 2 new calves and all the babies were close to the gate so we went over the next hill and got the rest of the cows and had everything moved into the west pasture in under an hour. We came back home and changed clothes and decided to go to Pals for a drink since Becca was doing better. We enjoyed meeting Dugan's and Gosnell's for drink and ended the night at Dugan's for drinks on their back patio.

  Saturday we got up and Becca felt fine so we packed up and headed to Aaron and Liza's. Mike helped Sean and Aaron move cows while we visited with Liza and Ash. Pat and Wanda came over for dinner and we all enjoyed visiting. Sunday we got up and headed to the river. The kids didn't remember our last tanking trip and Wanda joined us for a day on the river. We all had a great time and enjoyed a game of volleyball when we got back to Aaron and Liza. We also enjoyed shooting some trap with Mike's new clay thrower, Alec was very excited to use the pedal and shot the trap. After supper we were all ready for bed!


Making pigs in a blanket for the river














Playing baseball with zucchini and tomatoes with Liza




No comments:

Post a Comment