Monday September 14th was a crazy busy day. Mike always is amazed at how many miles I can put on a vehicle in a short amount of time, but it doesn't take many days like Monday to add up. I took the kids to school in the morning then came home to do some laundry and walk. After school I picked up a car load of 6th grade girls and took them to North Platte to the D&N for volleyball practice. Alec and Becca went home with Delcey and played. After dropping off the big girls I went back to Hershey for a Teammates meeting, I then picked up the littles, and we headed back to North Platte for Becca's volleyball practice at the rec center. Rachel got a ride to the rec center after practice and when we were all done we grabbed some food before coming home. I dropped the kids off at home with bed time instructions then went back to Hershey for a HELP club meeting. Mike got home shortly after I left and was able to help get the kids in bed at a decent time.
Tuesday I was called in to sub for Preschool. Although I love that age I could not teach preschool every day. It is like ground hogs day in that room. You teach a class in the morning, do calendar time, dress the frog, read the stories, do the crafts. Then when they leave you take everything down and start all over with the second class of the day. After school we came home and got changed to head to Alec's football game. I dropped him off at the field then ran Rachel to piano. I then went back to the field to watch Alec play just a few minutes before running back out to Piano to pick up Rachel. Mike and Becca were able to stay and watch Alec play and Alec had a great time and their team won.




Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home and got the ranch truck and the 4-wheeler and headed out south to ride through all the cow. It was a cool morning but great to be out in the pasture. After checking cows I brought the ranch stuff home and changed quick before heading back to town to meet with Darrell and sign some insurance papers. I then meet up with Mike and Lisa for lunch before going to Hershey to set up for CCD. After school and CCD we went back to North Platte for Becca's volleyball practice. Thursday I took the kids to school then met some friends on the walking trail for a few minutes before I headed downtown to get my hair done. After I was done at the salon I ran some errands before going over to Grandma Priests and visiting with Wanda and Phyllis. After school I picked up the kids and Elly and we went back to North Platte for Alec's second football game. He had another great game and Wanda even brought Phyllis out to watch. Mike was able to be there also and it was a great night of football. After the game we went to Double Dips for ice cream and then for dinner at the Switchyard.

Friday I took the kids to school then ran out south to check waters. I then stopped at Hobby Lobby to get some shirts to make for our trip to Des Moines later in October. Mike was home when I got home and they were packing up the camper for their guys weekend at Dismal and the ranch. After school we came home and relaxed for a bit before Becca's friends came over for a birthday sleepover. Becca was able to invite 5 friends and we all had a great time. We played outside, had ice cream cupcakes, watched the new Mulan, and they stayed up way to late. Alec was excited to get to sleep with me and Rachel was excited to sleep in the office so Becca and her friends could have their whole room.
 |
Karlee, Josie, Becca, Bree, and Laney
|
Saturday we had a big breakfast then all the girls went home. Becca had another birthday party to go to and they picked her up early as Rachel, Alec and I had to go to the Kirby residence to watch the Cow Pie Bingo event for a fundraiser for Washington DC. It was a windy day and we turned the calf out at 1:05, by 1:35 she had gone to the bathroom and the winner had been declared. We were free to come home. Alec and Rachel just wanted to watch TV so I went on a 4 mile walk with the dogs before going to pick Becca up from her birthday party at the neighbors. After picking her up we cuddled in the chair and watched a movie. Then it was early bed time as we were all tired from the late night on Friday.
 |
| Delcey and Alec |
 |
Maddie and Rachel
|
 |
The queens were our judges
|
 |
Washington DC crew
|
 |
The winner's square.
|
 |
Becca being goofy with her birthday gift.
|
Sunday we slept in a little then got ready for church. We then went to lunch at the Japanese place before coming home to mow and work outside. The kids worked outside some then came in to clean the house. Mike got home around the time I was done mowing and after getting the kids settled he and I ran out south and checked the cows. What a busy week and a busy time of year. Having 3 kids in sports, checking cows, and all the school stuff has kept us running but we are all loving and embracing the crazyness for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment