Wednesday, October 7, 2020

September 7 - September 13

    Here we are in October and the days are getting shorter, the air is cooler in the evenings, but the days are still in the 80s. Another thing that 2020 has going for it. The Covid numbers are going up again but so far the kids are still in school and the teachers at Hershey are all staying healthy.

   Monday September 7th was Labor Day, we got up at Aaron and Liza's and Mike, Sean, and Alec went dove hunting. They brought back some dove and Aaron made dove breast, rice, and eggs for breakfast. We headed home about lunch time and I mowed the lawn while the kids cleaned out the camper. Mike headed out south with Travis Cooley to look at the fence around the Campbell to get a quote on putting in new fence. The kids went to bed early as they were still tired from the weekend. That night it was rainy and really cool. 

   Tuesday the kids had school and I went to town and ran errands. I then came home and worked on laundry and putting all the things away from the camper. It was a cold day so I made chicken noodle soup for supper. Rachel had volleyball after school and then Piano from 5:45-6:15. 

  Wednesday I had to sub for Mrs. Ransdell all day so we all got to school early. It was a good day at school and Becca loves when I sub in her classroom. After school we had CCD Becca and I ran Alec and Rachel home before going to the rec center for volleyball practice.

  Thursday I took the kids to school then went to the church to work. I ran the rest of the registration paperwork to Sutherland and then went home to walk and do laundry. I had to be at school by 2:30 to sub for Mrs. Johnson in Kindergarten. They have a huge class and I was worn out after just 1 hour with them, so many questions! After school we ran home for a bit. Mike went out and checked cows then met us at the rec center to pick up Alec and take him to football practice in Hershey while Becca and I had volleyball practice at the rec center. I then took Becca home and ran to Hershey to pick up Alec. 




   Friday Trisha took Rachel and Becca to school while Alec and I hung out at home for a bit before heading to town for his 9 am hearing check. He did a great job and was done super fast. There had not been a change since we started additional testing 2 years ago. He still has some hearing loss in his Right ear but seems to adjust just fine to it in school. The mask have made it a little more difficult to hear when the teacher says alike sounds but so far his teacher has not had to modify anything for him. After the hearing test Alec really wanted to go to the public library so we went in quick and then it was time for him to go back to school. I came home for a couple hours and worked around the house before going back to school to pick up kids. Bree stayed to play until it was time for Alec to have practice. Katie and I were going to walk but it started raining really hard and they called practice early. 

  Saturday morning Alec and Becca got up and wanted to make cookies so we did. Then Nick and Tucker came to the house. Nick dropped off Tucker and picked up the trailer of windmill stuff. Mike was on call so Nick, Aaron, Sean, and Pat set up the windmill at the Simon while Mike worked and helped on and off. The kids played around the house until lunch time then we all met out at the windmill for fried chicken. We watched and helped for a couple hours. The kids played in the trees and in the dirt. Aaron, Sean, and Pat stayed the night at our house while Nick and Tucker had to go home and Wanda stayed with Phyllis. 















   Sunday we had a big breakfast and then went to church. After church we visited with Phyllis and Wanda before coming home to work outside. I mowed the kids cleaned up the yard and played. After I got done mowing I went for a walk and then was ready for bed. Another week was complete and the busier the kids get the faster the weeks are going. I have enjoyed being back at sporting events, but we are spending less time eating together and I am hoping to find a solution to more family time soon, but for now we are running from sun up to sun down! 


No comments:

Post a Comment