Monday, January 18, 2021

2021

  January 1 - January 10

    Starting out January a week behind was not what I had in mind for 2021 but life happens, people storm the capitol building in Washington DC and we are left wondering what will the next 4 years bring as the Democrats take over the White House and Joe Biden becomes President. Mike was able to get his Covid vaccine through the hospital and felt fine after both doses were administered. I was able to sign up as a Sub at the school but have not received my call yet as to a date to start the 2 shot process. Will 2021 be better or worse than 2020, I think it depends on the effort you put into it. After reading the book "The Worst Hard Times" having a year or 2 where things are different is nothing compared to what some in our country have already endured. Can you imagine waking in and wondering if you can go to school due to the amount of dust in the air, for days, week, months, and years?? So this year we are taking everything in stride. Can't get out of the house for a few days, lets learn something new, can't see family, lets Facetime or Zoom! There are so many ways to make your day better if you just look for them! A bad day is only a bad day if you let it be! So here is to 2021 and new adventures!

    Friday January 1 I started my workouts! I am really trying hard this year to workout as much as I can. I walked and ran on the treadmill for 2 miles then I did some ab workouts. The kids just wanted to stay home so I went to town and met Mike and Wanda for lunch at The Good Life. After lunch we came home and I decided it was time to clean up the game room and start using it more. The kids and I rearranged and cleaned while Mike worked in the shop. We then got hungry and decided popcorn and chicken nuggets were just the thing! Rocky and Robyn stopped over on their way home and we enjoyed visiting and some cards before they went home.





   Saturday the 2nd I walked and ran on the treadmill again then we went took down all the inside Christmas decorations. After lunch we then went outside and took down all the outside decorations as well. It was then dark and time for dinner. I made Salmon and Rice for supper. Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey came out after church to watch the new movie Soul with us. After the movie we all went to bed. Mike was on call and had to go in for a procedure but got back home shortly after midnight.

   Sunday the 3rd I walked on the treadmill then got ready for church. Mike was not able to make church as he was still rounding but he did make it to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's with us. Rachel had basketball from 1-2:30 so we dropped her off and headed home. I worked on my computer and Rachel went to Elly's to play after practice. That evening we watched Spies in Disguise and then everyone was ready for bed.

    Monday the kids still did not have school as it was a teacher in-service day. They enjoyed one last day of being lazy before going back to school. I got up and did some Jazzercise at home before showering and heading to town for a facial. Mike and I then went to lunch at River's Edge before I ran to Walmart and got groceries for the week. When I got home Rachel was finally able to FaceTime with her mentor for Teammates. I then made slider's for supper before Rachel and I went to Hershey to clean bleachers and Rachel had practice from 6:30-8.
Spoiled Dog and Daughter

    Tuesday I took the kids to school and delivered some snacks to the church for CCD. I then came home and did Jazzercise before cleaning up the house and working on my computer. After school I picked up the kids and then dropped Becca and Alec off at the house before taking Rachel to piano. That night Becca, Alec, and I went to babysit while Cassie and Bryce went to a PA interview dinner. (Rachel wanted to stay home by herself.) Becca was in heaven as there was not one but 2 babied to cuddle and I was thankful for the extra hands at bedtime. The kids were all so good and Alec loved playing with the boys. Cassie was a little worried about leaving at bed time but after bottles and a little rocking both twins were fast asleep. Becca even got her baby to sleep and in bed before me so she was super excited. (Hard to believe that I was Becca's age when I started babysitting. Watching her lay Annie in her bed while standing on tiptoe brought back so many memories of putting Kelly down and just barely being able to reach.) Cassie got home just after 8 and we headed straight out the door so that Becca and Alec could get to bed.
Hair has to be perfect on the first day back

Loving life snuggling Briggs

Alec got to hold Annie for a few minutes

Mace, Seve, Annie and Alec watching some TV

The boys all snuggled on the couch
    Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home and did some Jazzercise. I then got showered and ready and headed to town to run some errands and grab me some lunch. After school I picked up the kids and they wanted to walk to CCD since it was so nice. We enjoyed snack and then congratulated Father Sagar on his 17th anniversary of graduation from the seminary. We then held class lessons and we are excited to get the 2nd graders prepared for First Communion in May. That night we came home and enjoyed spaghetti for supper. 

    Thursday I took the kids to school then came home and did Jazzercise quick before taking Roger to the vet for a shot and to get checked over. He is doing well I just wanted her to listen to him and check him to make sure I was not missing anything. After the vet I stopped by the GYN office to get my blood drawn again. Everything was normal this time so the increase in meds must be working. I then went to Menards and Walmart to buy all the stuff to start seeds for the garden. I had to sub for 5G at 2:35 and got a call from school at 1:15 that Alec had an accident and needed more clothes. He has been using the bathroom a lot at school and drinking a lot of water so he was trying hard not to have to go some much but just didn't get the teachers attention in time. After school we came home and had ribs for supper and then put together the new composter I got for the garden. Right now it is out the back door and it is so nice to have a place to put all the scraps. We will see how it works once it get nice outside.  Friday I took the kids to school then came home and did Jazzercise. I then went to Hobby Lobby for some supplies for banners for the 2nd Grade Class and then picked the kids up from school. Rachel had practice from 4-5:30. We took Bree home at that time and also met Motika (Beckett's mom) at the school so Alec could go to maranatha with them for Beckett's birthday party. Alec had a great time and the girls enjoyed an evening without him at home. Matt and Trisha came over that evening and we enjoyed playing ping pong, pool, and darts in the shop.


  Saturday Mike went to Ogallala with Aaron and Liza to watch Sean wrestle. The kids and I were pretty lazy most the morning then we planted all the seeds for the garden. I then got ready and went to town and picked up Mike before going to Hershey to watch basketball with Jen. The Hershey boys were rated #5 in the state and played #4 Bridgeport. Hershey girls and boys both won very exciting games. I love watching basketball and enjoy the game with Jen. Mike stayed home and watched movies with the kids. Sunday the kids and I went to church while Mike went out south and sighted in guns. After church Mike, Alec, and Becca went out south to hunt birds. They didn't find anything but they had a fun afternoon with their dad. Rachel and I enjoyed some time at home. We cleaned the house the played basketball! That evening we watched Love Kennedy before bed. 



   For 2021 I am going to end each blog with some questions and answers about my childhood!

1. What was you day and date of birth? Saturday June 20, 1981

2. Where were you born? Atkinson West Holt Memorial Hospital

3. Do you know of any other circumstances of your birth? I was delivered by Dr. Ramsy, the same Dr that delivered my mom, my dad, and all their siblings. He also delivered all of us and lived across the street from my Great Grandma Sloane. Dad was present for the birth but it was father's day so he went down town to celebrate after I was born. My mom spent the afternoon before she had me at a softball game for my aunt Debbie.

4. A Childhood Picture.


5. Name your brother and sisters and their years of birth.

        Nicole Marie 3-12-1980

        Kristina Ann 2-15-1983

        Sandra Kay 11-11-1984

        Kathleen Ann 11-5-1985

6. What is your mother's full name?

        Julia Ann Kohle

7. What is your father's full name?

        William Joseph Tielke

8. What was your Mother's date and place of birth?

        6-27-1960  West Holt Memorial Hospital

9. What was your Father's date and place of birth?

        1-3-1958  West Holt Memorial Hospital      

10. Tell a family nickname that you had.

        Kamirooni


No comments:

Post a Comment