We did it! We made it to the end of 2020. A year that started out with so much going for it. We headed to Jamaica in January with the kids and helped Mike celebrate turning 40. February turned into March as we enjoyed the warm sun of Barbados! Then 2020 did something no one could have predicted, it shut down the country. The kids came home to finish the school year. We were blessed with many nice days of weather and the kids got to learn how to fix fence! Most of April and May were spent trying to find ways to entertain the kids and for them to "see" friends without actually seeing friends! June brought us First Communion for Becca, a day that she was very ready and excited for! July was camping so that we could enjoy the 4th with family and we even got in some fishing. August brought back school and masks for everyone at the school. September got worse and so did October, the virus was infecting more people each day and our daily totals in North Platte reached over 1000. November the hospital was full but the kids got to stay in school. We had virtual and pre-recorded concerts at school. We did make a could trips to the ranch and then we arrived at December! The school took a couple extra mental health days and the kids enjoyed being home more. We made it through 2020 and can not wait to see what 2021 has in store for us. We are planning a ski trip and hope to fit in a couple more vacations this year!
How did we finish out the year? Monday December 28th Rachel came home from her sleepover so that I could go to town and run some errands. Wanda needed me to pick up some contacts and I grabbed some lunch. I then came home and got Alec and Becca and we went to Hershey. Becca went to Bree's to play and Alec and I picked up Beckett for a boys day. The boys had a blast playing soccer, Nintendo, and riding Becca's new scooter. Rachel had basketball from 2:15-4 and caught a ride to and from with a neighbor. Beckett's dad picked him up on the way home from work and Katie brought Becca home when it started to snow. We had leftover's for dinner and everyone was ready for bed early after a day of playing.
Tuesday we woke up to cold weather and lost of snow. By lots I think we had 4-6 inches but enough that the kids were able to go out and play. I worked on my computer all day getting all our finances and end of the year stuff enter into the computer. I made chili for supper that night and Mike worked all day and then was on call that evening.
Wednesday I worked on the computer in the morning then the kids and I went out and I pulled them on the sled with the 4-wheeler. They all had a lot of fun and the dogs got some good exercise chasing us. Rachel had basketball practice that evening and then Mike and the kids watched Wonder Woman 84 while I caught up on some of my shows. I just don't care for the marvel movies much so usually Mike and the kids watch those without me.
| Pulled Rachel right out of her gloves! |
| Becca is buried in the snow! |
| Alec beat us! |
| The end of 2020 |
No comments:
Post a Comment