Monday July 5th we packed up the camper and came home. Mike and I went out south and checked water and steers. The East windmill on the Campbell was not working and there was no water in the tank, but the west tank was full. We also found 2 steers with hurt feet. The kids were tired from the long weekend and just wanted to stay home. When Mike and I got back home was all watched a movie and enjoyed sleeping in our own beds. Tuesday I took Rachel in to weights and then came home and pulled weeds in the garden after a little bit of rain. That afternoon we went to Becky's to swim for a little bit before coming home so someone could look at the camper. That night I went back to school for a meeting for the school bond.
Wednesday I did some yard work and then went to the school to work on Facebook bond stuff. I then came home to mow and a couple from Norfolk (A previous teacher from Hershey) messaged and bought our old camper from us. Thursday Rachel had weights at the school then Becca and Rachel both had volleyball camp in Hershey. While the girls were at camp I took Alec out to golf his first full round! We both walked and he golfed a 63. You don't realize how many different rules there are in golf until you start teaching a youth. That afternoon we came home and worked on painting the fountain out back. Mike golfed league that night so the kids and I just snacked and enjoyed relaxing.



Friday I ran to town in the morning to look at one of our rentals then went to Hershey to give blood. After waiting for 2 hrs they told me that my iron was too low to donate. While I was waiting to donate Sandi, Axel, and Lexa came to town and picked up the kids and went to River's Edge to swim. I met up with them after I was done in Hershey and then we went to Cody Park before coming home so that the people that bought the camper could pick it up. That night Nicky, Clay, and kids came to stay on their way to CO for a quick vacation with Jaxson.





Saturday Nicky, Clay and Jaxson left for CO while the girls stayed with us. Sandi and the kids also left after Sandi and I did some shopping. Alec then had a birthday party in Hershey at the park. Mike and I went out and checked cows then Pat and Wanda came out for supper. Sunday we went to church and then to the Priest Picnic. I then took the kids to Cody Water Slides and Go Carts. Mike was on call and then went golfing. After a quick trip to Double Dips we came home so that I could mow. Nicky and Clay stopped to pick up the girls and Mike cleaned out the wood shop. After I finished mowing I painted the cement around the fountain to finish that project up!
July
5 - Do you have a special July 4th that you remember the most? None of them stick out as we always went to Stuart. I loved them all.
6 - Did you ever go to carnivals or amusement parks? Where? The carnival came to main street Atkinson every year from middle school through High School. We went to Arnold's Park in Okoboji, IA with the Tielke Family when Grandma and Grandpa Tielke started doing family vacations there. I also went to World's of Fun with Cindy, Kent, Deb, Derric, Dylan, and the Barney boys when I as around 12. They went to a conference and I went with to babysit. While at World's of Fun Travis and I were running and we tripped and I fell and chipped my front tooth.
7 - What kinds of rides and games were there? How much did they cost? Ferris Wheel, Bumper Cars, Octopus, Swings, and the quarter game. Each ride cost 3-5 tickets and I think we would buy 20 tickets for $5.
8 - Tell about any State Fair or County Fair experiences. Went to the county fair in high school for the dance and to see the animals. Went to the Nebraska State Fair in Lincoln in X-Ray school to see Chris Ledoux concert. When to the Missouri State Fair when Mike was in residency to see Dirks Bentley concert.
9 - Tell about going to a circus or Chautauqua. We went to the Shrine Circus as we got free tickets for kids at school. I really liked the elephants.
10 - Tell any favorite summertime memory. Making mud pies at Grandma and Grandpa Kohle's and going to Grandpa's gravel pit as a little kid. Helping Grandma Kohle mow and can pickles as I got older.
11 - Did you go fishing in your childhood? Yes there is a pond on or place. I liked ice fishing with Grandpa Kohle and the Kohle cousins the best.
No comments:
Post a Comment