Thursday, September 21, 2023

August 1 - August 7

    Monday August first I worked most the day in the yard. I started out staining the posts under the deck and then moved on to the swing set. I also worked on some laundry and watering the spots in the yard that are really dry. That evening we meet with Josh Powell to go over plans for the house addition. Rachel then had the first night of band camp from 6:30-9pm. Tuesday I took Rachel in for band camp and picked up Beckett. We came home for awhile then went and picked up Josie and I took the kids to River's Edge to swim. That evening Josie had to go home to work with her fair animals and Beckett stayed the night with us. 








   Wednesday I took Rachel to band again at 8 and then came home to work on stuff around the house and to get things ready for the party. Wednesday was also the neighbor Brelynn's Gotcha Day. Matt and Trisha and family got to finalize her adoption in Kearney. Thursday Rachel just had band from 8-12. At 12 we got to see a sneak peak of this years show. They did great. I then took Alec in for his school physical before coming home to mow and trim.





How my family helps get ready for a party!

  Friday we set up for the party in the morning. Mom, Dad, Patsy and Tanner came early to help. I had a scheduling conflict and actually had to take the kids in for eye appointment's which meant that my family had to do most the cleaning work. Rachel did need a new set of glasses and new contacts as her vision decreased again this year.  After the eye appointments I ran Alec home before heading back to town for Rachel and Becca's physicals. We got those done quick and came home to finish getting ready for the party. It was a hot day and evening but we had a huge turn out and so much food. The kids all had a great time and I loved seeing everyone enjoy our backyard!




   Saturday we got up and finished cleaning up from the party. The kids then went to Sutherland to boat with friends while Mike and I ran into town for Murdock's pond party. We didn't stay long and it was time to go back and pick up the kids and head home as we were all exhausted!


  Sunday morning we got up and decided to make a trip to Atkinson for the Children's Theater and to help put up corn. We had a great day with family and so many memories came back from my childhood that I was able to share with my kids this weekend. What a way to close the last few weeks of summer!

















No comments:

Post a Comment