Monday the kids had school and I subbed for Mrs. Klein in 3rd grade. After school Becca and Alec came home with I traveled to Ogallala to watch Rachel play basketball. Mike took Becca to her game. Rachels team came away with the win while Becca lost by 2 but had a great game.
Tuesday I took the kids to school and subbed for Mrs. Blessing in the morning and Klein in the afternoon. Alec was supposed to have basketball but it was cancelled due to lack of players on the other team. Rachel and I went to the Hershey game so that she could play in the pep band. Wednesday I took kids to school and took breakfast sandwiches in for Becca's class party. I then stayed to help with the Help Club movie and AR party. Alec had a dentist appointment at 1. We then went back to school and after school we stopped by the church for people to pick up their Christmas gifts but we cancelled our program and mass due to the extreme cold. Then the kids and I came home and watched movies!
Thursday school was cancelled due to extreme cold. The temperature was -10 with a -43 wind chill. So the kids and I made peanut brittle and did house work and laundry. Friday we also did not have school so we cleaned house and I wrapped presents. Then I ran to town to meet Ashley at Carhartt to discuss bathroom renovation. Mike was on call that day so we picked up drive thru supper and drove around town to look at Christmas lights.
Saturday we hung out at home and then went to church in Hershey. After church we went to Marty and Lisa's for supper and then it was home to bed to see what Santa would bring.
Sunday we got up and opened presents and then had steak and crab legs for lunch. Rachel had to be at school by 5:30 to leave for the Alamo Bowl so we got her headed out of town and relaxed and finished packing before going to bed. The kids had a great Christmas and loved all their gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment