Monday, June 11, 2012

Zoo and Wedding!

     Last week was so much fun and I have lots of pictures to share. Tuesday Rachel was in Mullen so Becca and I just hung out at home. Becca was lost without her sister. She would crawl around the house and squeal just to see if Rachel would come running. Wednesday we meet Liza's mom in town and picked up Rachel. We then went to lunch with the Logsdon's and Mike and then did some shopping before we came home for naps. Wednesday night Mike was on call and we finally got keys to his car so the girls and I ran him to town and came back home for a quick bite before we went swimming at the neighbors.  As Rachel was eating her supper she pushed herself over on the bar chair and split open the back of her head. I grabbed a towel and called the neighbor. As Dee and Mark were on their way I called Mike and he was in the driveway. After a lot of tears from Rachel and a few from mom we determined that she did not need stitches. Rachel must have her uncle Aaron's pain tolerance, because she never complained for her head hurting after that and after cuddling with mom for 15 minutes she asked if she could finish her dinner and went to bed.
   Thursday the neighbor's grand kids came over for the day. Zaiden and Brekken are about the same age as the girls and we only had a few fights and everyone had fun. Thursday night I did laundry and packed bags to leave for Omaha. Friday morning the girls and I took off. We got to Omaha shortly after 1 and went straight to Kristi's to meet Ms. Brooklyn and tour there house. After a short visit we went to the zoo. Rachel loves every bit of it and would not walk up any hills. She never wants to ride in the stroller but decided to ride all day. Not a big deal usually, but it was 95 degrees outside and I didn't have anyone to help push. We had a great time at the zoo. Poor Becca rubbed sunscreen in her eyes and was kind of miserable for the first hour we were there. After a couple of water baths she was feeling much better and I even got a couple of good picture of all of us.
   Friday night we visited with some friends of mine in Omaha. Rachel and Becca both had a blast playing with Grace and Harper at Kevin and Tammy Hallam's. I enjoyed visiting with them and hope to visit again soon. Saturday we got up and took all the kids to get pictures taken. 20 minutes and 75 pictures later we had excellent pictures of us 5 girls and all 9 grand kids. I will scan them and get them on here as soon as I get them.  Saturday afternoon we attended Brianna and Logan's wedding. We all had a great time and Rachel stayed up until midnight. Sunday we went swimming at the hotel in the morning then Rachel went to stay at Grandma Julie's and Grandpa Bill's. Becca and I did some shopping at the outlet malls and then came home for a nice relaxing evening.
   There that is our week. No wonder time seem to fly, we are staying busy. Mike was not able to go with us to Omaha. He stayed home and attended a family reunion with his mom and grandma. He also worked on his car's and also worked at the hospital some.
   I will end with a Rachel story!!! As I was getting things ready to go on Thursday night Rachel and I went out and picked Strawberries. As we were picking them I asked her if she thought that her dad would pick them while we were gone. She told me she thought that he would but she needed to go tell him. She came in the house and these where his instruction:
     "Dad you can pick strawberries when we are gone. First to get a bowl and carry it down the stairs. You then pick only the berries that are all red. Only the red berries. Put them in the bowl. Don't let Roger get them. You can spray the bugs. We don't like the bugs. They eat the berries. Then you bring the bowl upstairs and put it on the counter. Then mom cuts them and I eat them. OK!"
   Mike agreed and she seemed happy and satisfied that he would pick the berries correctly.


 My lazy baby. Would not hold her bottle. Just let it lay on her chest and drank.
 So excited to be able to crawl.
 Playing with Kinley while waiting to get pictures taken.
 Rachel eating jelly beans at the wedding.
 Happy Baby at the wedding.
 Playing with cousins. Becca, Ashton, and Becca.
 Rachel, London, and Ansley dancing the night away.
 Dancing with my cousin.
 Kinley helping Becca swim for the first time.
 Rachel was so excited to swim. Goggle's and floaty's!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a good time in Omaha. I hope Mike enjoyed seeing everyone at the Daly picnic. It was pretty warm in the afternoon.
    I have finally gotten this comment thing figured out, I think.
    I enjoy seeing all the pix and reading about your adventures. Mike was telling me about the strawberry story.

    ReplyDelete