Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Branding!

   Short weeks are so much more hectic, even for stay at home mom's! Last week went so fast I can't believe I am sitting down to write another blog. I would start doing it bi-weekly but that would just make for longer blogs. I don't think anyone wants that.
    Tuesday was a day of rest and laundry. The girls and I spend the day at home doing little things to get ready for the week. Tuesday night we went to the neighbors for Mark's surprise Birthday party. It was fun to watch the kids play and it was really good food.  Wednesday we went to Gracie Mae's to meet Heidi and the girls. We were going to go to the park but it was hailing and raining. After our play date we took Becca to the Dr. Becca was not sleeping very well and was really crabby so I thought she might have ear infection. The Dr did not find anything wrong with Becca. She is just starting crawl and find her ears. She is also starting to get separation anxiety and she wants to be around me at all times. If she can't hear or see me she will play but as soon as she see's or hears me she will cry until I pick her up.
   Thursday we stayed home in the morning and then Becca stayed with Lisa while Rebekah, Samuel, Rachel and I went to the shrine circus. It was pretty cold and rainy but over all the kids all had fun. They all rode the elephant even thought the first time it was Rachel's turn she got scared and didn't ride. After watching a couple more groups of people she decided that she did want to ride. Walked up the stairs by herself and rode the whole time with a smile on her face.
  Thursday morning Mike's brother Aaron got bucked off a horse and hurt his back. He thought that he just pulled a muscle but by Thursday night the pain was getting worse and we has having trouble walking. Aaron, Liza, Sean, and Ashlyn came to the house Thursday night and Friday morning Liza took Aaron to get a CT scan. The kids and I just played while we waited to hear the results. Aaron did fracture his back, so after lunch at Applebee's we helped them get some things done in town and then the girls and I came home for naps. Friday night Mike and I were invited to attend Grape and Sizzle. A wine and barbecue event. The girls went to Troshynski's and Mike and I enjoyed our night out.
    Saturday we got up and packed. While Mike rounded the girls and I did some shopping and then we were off to the ranch. We spent Saturday afternoon and Sunday helping get ready for Monday's branding. Sunday afternoon Mom, Dad, Jaxson, and Bob Kaup came to eat and spend the night to help at branding. Clay also came later in the evening.
   Monday was branding day. Rachel loved wearing her cowgirls boots and playing with all the kids. Liza's mom and niece and nephews are in Mullen the next couple days and they invite Rachel to stay until Wednesday. She was really overtired but really excited to stay at Ashlyn's house. So Becca and I are hanging out today and tomorrow. We got home around 7:30 last night and everyone was exhausted.
   Here are some pictures of last weeks events. Hope everyone is safe from the storms this week and has a great week.





No comments:

Post a Comment