Monday, August 6, 2012

August and Back To School

   What a week. I now know why we never went anywhere when we were little. Having 5 kids is exhausting. Everyone was really good but man was I ready for everyone to go home. Rachel ended up sick on Tuesday and it took her until Friday to get to feeling better. I think some of it had to do with being tired but she also ran a low grade temp for 3 days.
   Monday the girls went to Dance Camp. Wanda meet us there with Ashlyn. Phyllis and Wanda then watched Becca while I went and placed my order from my 31 party. I got a lot of good stuff and can't wait to see it all on Tuesday. After Camp we took the girls to Cody Park to look at the animals then it was home for bath and bed.
  Tuesday they did not have enough for dance camp so we all went swimming. Lisa, Rebekah and Samuel meet us at the pool and Wanda stayed to help so we had a lot of fun swimming. Rachel started to not feel well so she went home with Lisa while the rest of us swam. After swimming Wanda kept the girls while I ran to town for a going away party. I picked up dinner on the way home and then got Rachel.
   Wednesday everyone was up early to go to the Children's Museum. Everyone had a great time and then Rachel started to run a fever so we stopped at McDonald's then it was home for lunch and naps. Rachel was not feeling well after lunch so Wanda stayed home with her and Becca while I ran the other 3 girls to Kearney. Cindy meet us at Skeeter Barns for dinner and Katie (Liza's sister) came to get Ashlyn. Then it was home to Rachel. She was really really upset that she did not get to go to Kearney with me so she was cuddling on the couch with Wanda when I got home.
    Thursday the girls and I just stayed home to rest and Friday Becca was really crabby so we spent another day at home. I got most of the house back in order and Rachel was feeling much better by Friday afternoon. Saturday we went to town for Bentley Brunz's first birthday. There were a lot of kids and the girls had fun playing with everyone. We finally got a break from the heat so we did some yard work and Mike took some time off from studying to teach Rachel how to drop kick the soccer ball.
   Sunday was church and then we came home for naps and more yard work. The girls and I then went and picked up the neighbor boys and took Roger to the lake to swim. Everyone had a good time and then it was dinner, bath, and bed.
   Here are the pictures I promised last week. Hope everyone enjoys. Until next week.

 Getting so Big!
 And naughty

 Loves to stand at the gate and shake it!
 Love this one!
 Reading books. One of Rachel's favorite activites.
 Double Rainbow
 I wish we would have gotten more rain but I will take the 4 tenths we got.
 Rainbow over the front of the house.
 Becca loves Roger
 Washing Becca's hands after breakfast

 Mom I just want to get a little closer
 Slip-n-slide at the Neilsen's
 Becca really wanted to join in.
 Rachel loved it.
The three girls having a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment