Last week was less busy as we did a lot of cleaning for the parties on Friday and Saturday. Monday we stayed home and did laundry. Tuesday was school. Then after school I picked up Rachel and we went to the OB office for my check-up. Mike was able to join us and it was fun to watch Rachel's face as we saw the baby on ultrasound. Rachel loves to hear the heartbeat!
Wednesday we cleaned most of the day. Rachel came to help me with the bathrooms. I asked her to wipe around the edge of the bathtub. After she was done she looked at me and replied, "Now what your majesty!" Complete with a bow and everything. Oh I can't wait, in about 3 years she will have a whole new phrase when she asks me what else need done.
Thursday we went to Gymnastics and then lunch at Gracie Mae's. Rachel had school and Becca and I did the grocery shopping. After school we came home and unloaded the groceries. Then headed back to town for a baby shower for Gennilee. After the shower we stopped and grabbed some food then it was home for supper and bed.
Friday we cleaned the rest of the house then we got all the stuff ready for the big reveal party. We had a great crowd with lots of friends. I want to Thank Stacey for making and bringing out the reveal cupcakes. For those of you not familiar with a reveal party. It is the new thing to do to announce a new baby's sex. We invited everyone one to come out and eat. Then after supper everyone picked a cupcake. They either picked one with pink or blue sprinkles depending on what they thought the baby would be. Then at the same time everyone opened the cupcake to reveal a blue center indicating that the new baby is a boy. It was great to see every one's expression. Thank you everyone that came and helped us celebrate.
Saturday we had another get together here at the house for Grandma Priest's 85th Birthday party. We had a good crowd. Everyone filled up on BBQ ribs and lot of sides. Then we served cake and ice cream. Pat and Wanda spent the night with us. After the girls were in bed Mike, Pat, Wanda, and I played Pinochle. It is a really fun card game that I am still learning but enjoy and can't wait to play again.
Sunday Mike, the girls, and I went to church while Pat and Wanda visited Pat's cousin in the hospital. After church we enjoyed a nice lunch at Applebee's. Auntie J and Grandma Priest joined us also. After lunch we came home for naps and then we watched the super bowl. My favorite commercial was the Paul Harvey Dodge commercial about why God created the Farmer. I also believe that it could have said Rancher and fit well with all the hard work that my in-laws, parents, grandparents, uncles, cousins, and friends do for a living!
It's a Boy!
Mike and Rachel playing guitar.
4 Generations of Guitar players and singers.
Bill (Mike's Great Uncle), Rachel, Mike, Ashlyn, Rita and Janice (Mike's Aunt's)
Getting ready for bed.
They are nice to each other some times. "Teeth" and Becca calls this.
So the never a dull moment in the Simonson house happens again. As I was sitting here typing and putting the pictures together. Becca came in and pulled the hook out of the wall that held their coats and back packs. Okay not really a big deal. Then she is really quiet. I look over to find that she dug all the stuff out of her back pack. Found some of Rachel's candy and is just sitting there eating them like the world is going to end. Just as fast as she can. Hope you all have a great week!


No comments:
Post a Comment