Monday, January 28, 2013

Hopefully Spring is Near

    Spring better come fast I'm not sure how much more I can take of sickness in this house. I know you can still get sick in the spring but at least I can air out the house and get some time alone while the girls play outside.
   What a busy week we had. I didn't even slow down enough to take any pictures of the girls. I will try to do a better job this week. We started out the week like normal. Laundry and cleaning on Monday. Tuesday morning our new bedroom furniture came in. I guess I can go and take a picture of it and then I will have some pictures to put on this week. Rachel had school. Becca, Mike and I did some shopping for bedding. Rachel had cheer camp after school so Lisa picked her up. Becca and I went to the game at 5:45 and watched the girls cheer during the first half of the girls game and then they did a really cute halftime routine. Rachel loved it and Becca actually was really good and also enjoyed the game.
   Wednesday we went to town early and got the oil changed in the suburban. We then went to the Children's museum and to lunch with the Raatz family. Thursday was gymnastics and then lunch with some other friends. Rachel had school and Wanda was in town while Pat and Aaron ran to McCook and looked at hay. Wanda, Becca, and I went to Centennial retirement home and surprised Auntie J. Wanda and Becca helped her sing for some of the residents. We then picked up Rachel and enjoyed a visit with Grandma Priest, her brother Bill and sister-in-law Vera. Mike was able to join us and Auntie J was also there. Grandma had a full house and the girls enjoyed showing off for everyone.
   Friday morning Becca played at Grandma Priest's while Rachel and I took Roger to the puppy wash. Roger did really well and Rachel thought that it was funny that Roger was in the bathtub. Friday evening Rachel was invited to go bowling for a birthday party. She had fun and even bowled at 56. I went and visited with my friend Michelle while Rachel was at her party.
   Saturday morning Rachel woke up with really red cheeks, a rash on her arms and legs. Mike took one look at her and told me that Rachel had Fifth's disease. It really did not slow her down. Once the rash has developed then your body is already about done fighting it. It starts out as a fever and cold like symptoms. Really who does not have cold like symptoms right now and the girls don't ever seem to run fevers so I had no clue she was even sick. Saturday evening Rebekah came out and watched the girls while Mike and I went to town for Bill Troshynski's birthday party. It was a fun evening with lots of laughs.
   Sunday Mike stayed home with the girls while I went to church. After church I picked up some lunch and came home. We all rested and took naps then spent the rest of the afternoon outside. The girls played while Mike and I did some cleanup and Mike leveled some dirt with the tractor. Last night after the girls took baths we watched Fox and the Hound with some popcorn and then it was off to bed.
  Hope you all had a great week and we will have more exciting life events next week I am sure.

http://youtu.be/tMQp_EDDxRM
Here is Rachel's dance video. It would not let me load it on here so I just copied the link. Hope it works.

 Go Irish!

 Becca wanted to be in the picture with the bedroom furniture!
Becca enjoying a Hot Dog at the game!

No comments:

Post a Comment