We have finally made it. Mike goes to Dallas this week and takes his oral boards next week. He has been very disciplined with his studying and the girls have been doing really good with leaving him alone. They each sneak down about once a day and visit him. Rachel asks him every day when he gets home if he can play or if he has to study. I know she can't wait for him to be done. I would like to say we will see him more but he has been very eager to get back outside to his car project so I really don't think we will see him any more. The girls will be able to go outside with him so they will at least be able to interact with him more and I will get a little break from entertaining both of them!
Monday was laundry day and Mike had a meeting so the girls got to stay up a little later so that they could see him. Tuesday Rachel had school. The month of March is color month. Each day the kids are supposed to wear a different color so that they can talk about the colors. Tuesday was Red day. Rachel was all excited to wear her red husker shirt but was sad that she didn't have red pants or shoes to wear. She tried to wear her old red cowgirl boots but she could not get them on and decided that her feet would hurt really bad if she wore them. I told her that I thought a red shirt would be just fine for red day.
Wednesday I got new tires put on the suburban. The girls went and played with Kate and Hanna. I picked up lunch when I got done and the girls and I came home for naps after we ate. Thursday gymnastics was closed so we went to the children's museum. We have not been for a really long time and the girls had a blast. The museum is closed this week and they are renovating part of the basement. I can't wait to go back and see all the new things in a couple weeks. After the museum we went to lunch at Gracie Mae's. We are starting to have quiet the lunch crew on Thursday and I love it. Rachel did not have school on Thursday due to spring break so after lunch we just came home. Hanna came out to play and eat supper with us as Kate and Justin had a tax appointment. Mike was on call and did not make it home until bed time. The girls all played really well. We love having Hanna out as Rachel loves to show her all her toys and have someone besides Becca to play with. Becca loves trying to keep up with the older girls.
Friday the neighbor called and said that her grand kids were coming out to play so after lunch the girls and I went over to Nana Dee's and the kids all had a blast playing together. They took turns riding the 4-wheeler and driving the jeep. Rachel and Zaiden finally ran it out of power so they had to find something else to do. Becca loved riding as well. We stayed for a couple hours as it was really nice outside. We then came home for naps and more cleaning. Saturday we stayed home and relaxed. I watched some state basketball and Mike did a lot of studying. The girls played. Saturday evening we went out to the Country Club for supper with the Raatz family. The girls were all really good and then we drove home in some pretty heavy blowing snow. The wind was still blowing yesterday morning but we only got about a half inch of snow.
Sunday we went to church and to lunch at Applebee's. After lunch Becca and I came home and napped as she was up most of Saturday night. She is cutting her molar's so she is not sleeping much right now. We then popped popcorn and watched a movie with the girls. Rachel got to vacuum for the first time as both girls made a big mess with all the popcorn. After the movie it was bed time. The girls had a little bit of trouble going to sleep as it was still a little light out when they were put in bed. I hope it gets warm out soon so that they can go out and play and wear themselves out so that bed time will not be a problem with the longer days.
We hope you all have a great week and can't wait for the 60's this week. We are supposed to be in the 60's from Wednesday on. We will also be seeing some of you this weekend as the girls and I will be at mom and dad's while Mike is in Dallas. Take care!
No comments:
Post a Comment