Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Adult Vacation

   Mike is finally home and done studying. He found out on Thursday morning that he passed his test so he was really able to relax and enjoy his weekend!
   Let's start at the beginning. Monday the girls and I drove home from mom and dad's. We got back around 2. After school our neighbor Melissa brought the mail by. Rachel really wanted the boys to come and play but we have all been so busy they had to go home.
  Tuesday was school. Becca and I went to the park and napped while Rachel was in school and then went to get groceries. Becca decided not to sleep during the week. She would wake up ever hour and scream until I went in and got her. After school the girls and I enjoyed some ice cream and picked up some sandwiches for supper. Wednesday Becca had her 18 month check-up at 9 am. I am so proud of both my girls for loving to go to the Dr. Rachel was so excited to see Dr. Shawn that she barely let him look at Becca. Becca is doing really well developmentally. She now weighs 24.2 lbs and is 33 inches tall. She can run, jump, climb stairs, and climb anything else that she thinks she needs to. She can say: Mom, Dad, Rachel, Sissy, Roger, Grandma, Granddad, Grandpa, Oh Tootles!, No, Juice, Apple, Up, Down, On, Off, and about anything else that you ask her too. She at least tries. Rachel loves to ask her to say things and then laughs at how she says it. She has also went potty on her little potty twice. Once last night before bath and then again this morning. I am trying to figure out if I am going to try to tackle potty training before the baby comes. Right now we are still to busy. Maybe after Rachel gets done with school.
   Thursday morning Wanda came out to stay with the girls while I left for Denver. Rachel was really excited for Grandma to take her to school! She was a little afraid that Grandma would forget to pick her up. Mike was already in Denver as he got in on Wednesday and spent the night with his Aunt Sherry. I rode out with Stacey. We had a great trip to Denver and then got stuck on the interstate right before the Eisenhower tunnel going through the mountains. We were stuck in one place for 2 1/2 hrs. We did enjoy people watching and played some cards while we waited. We finally  got moving and made it to the condo in Breckenridge. We went out to dinner that night and then went back to the condo for drinks. Wanda took the girls to the ranch to stay.
  Friday everyone got up to ski while I enjoyed some alone time. I got to watch a non cartoon movie and talk on the phone without interruption  The rest of the girls came out on Friday and got to the condo around 3. After the rest of the crew got back we all went to dinner and enjoyed some story telling. Saturday some of the crew ski while some of us just enjoyed our time in Colorado. We all had lunch on the mountain and then Mike and Justin were done skiing. We came back to the condo and then the Kate, Justin, Mike and I went shopping at the outlet malls. We meet everyone back at the condo for supper. Then it was more story telling before bed. We all got up early on Sunday to head back home. We were able to talk with the girls on Facetime while we were gone. Becca was pretty okay with it. Rachel had to show us some tears and was pretty sad after talking.
  Wanda brought the girls back on Sunday and they were really excited to see there daddy! The were pretty hyper and even a little naughty. Becca slept really well while at the ranch. I was very thankful for that as I was afraid they might have a long weekend. All in all, the vacation was really nice and the girls had a great time at the ranch.
  Until next week, Happy Easter! Mike is on call so we will be staying home this year. Rachel is really excited for the Easter Bunny to come and even hopes that he comes in her room!

 Rachel built a tent and wanted to have a camp fire.
 She was so excited about her pretend marshmallows {cotton balls}
 I went in to cover up Becca one night and she was all cuddled up with her baby!
 Rachel was not asleep yet and also wanted a picture taken.
 Snuggling on the couch watching cartoons.
 Becca loves playing with her baby. She is going to be my little helper when her brother gets here.
We are so ready for nice weather. This was taken from the deck. I love that we live in the country and the girls can go out and play while I get house work done. They love their play set and sandbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment