Man where is the time going? The baby should be here in about 8 1/2 weeks. It is hard to believe that the middle of June will be here in 8 1/2 weeks. As we were getting ready to go to town this morning Rachel asked if she could wear a dress. I told her no because it is too cold outside. She looked at me and said, "Mom when is winter going to be over and summer come so that I can wear my dresses?" Good question Rachel! I am not complaining about the moisture but a nice spring rain would be just as good wouldn't it.
I guess I shouldn't complain. I did ask for it to not be as hot as fast as last year. I was thinking maybe we could have more of a spring not really a longer winter! Maybe I am just not going to be happy.
Monday started off with a trip to Walmart to get the fish some rocks and plants for their tank. I put some pictures on last weeks blog of the complete tank. We then came home and did laundry and cleaned up from the weekend. Tuesday it snowed 5 inches. Rachel had school and the snow was all melted by the time she got out. Wednesday I worked on Rachel's thank you card for her birthday and did more cleaning and laundry.
Thursday we tried to go to gymnastics but it was closed so we went to the museum instead. We then went to lunch at Gracie Mae's and took Rachel to school. Becca fell asleep and I really didn't have anything planed for the afternoon so Becca and I went over to Michelle's until school got out. After school we went to Grandma Priest to get ready for church pictures. They all turned out really well. I will post them as soon as we get them back. The girls were really good so after pictures we went to Margarita's for supper. Rachel loves going there to eat. Friday morning the girls and I enjoyed watching Kelly Kohle barrel race and break away at the UNL rodeo via live web cast. I also watched her on Saturday while Becca napped and Rachel worked outside with Mike. Saturday was a pretty lo key day. We all got to enjoy some time outside and I even enjoyed an hour of quiet time to watch mom and dad's first bull sale while Becca napped and Mike and Rachel mowed Mike's new driving range and worked on the underground sprinklers. That evening we watched the movie Life of Pi. If you have not seen it I highly recommend it.
Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch. After lunch Mike had to see a couple patients at the hospital and then came home and worked on the yard some more. I took the girls to Troshynski's and then went to the play with Kate, Shawn, Michelle, and Gwen. We also saw Stacy at the play and Laura and her dad were guest performers for the role they played in Sound of Music 21 years ago. Laura was amazing and I am so happy that I went to the play. After the play I did a little shopping for some spring/summer clothes for the girls and then went to a candidate dinner. Mike was also supposed to go but got called into the OR right as dinner was starting. After supper I picked up the girls and we came home to bed.
Sorry but I don't have any pictures to share this week. I think I was just maybe a little to busy to take pictures. I am hoping to do a better job this week. I hope that everyone travels safe in this weather if you are in the snow still. I can't wait for the 70's this weekend. I am just hoping the wind does not blow too hard.
No comments:
Post a Comment