Monday we stayed home and played. I did some laundry and cleaning. Mike got home early so we all went outside and played while he mowed. It was such a nice night we even had dinner on the back patio. Rachel loves eating outside and Roger even does really good with the girls. He just lays in the grass and waits for Becca or Rachel to drop something!
Tuesday we went to town to get groceries. It is going to be a long summer if I have to take all 3 grocery shopping. I may start going to town after Mike gets home in the evening. After Walmart we also went to Menard's to get some potting soil and tomato cages for my tomato plants. I am not sure how well they are going to do with all the wind the last couple days but I did manage to get them inside during both storms so hopefully that helped them out.
Wednesday I had an LCMA meeting at Gracie Mae's. The girls and I picked Mike up from the hospital and we all got a quick bite to eat before his next case and my meeting. Becca gets so excited when she sees her dad and we all enjoy spending more time with him. After the meeting we came home and while Becca napped Rachel and I planted the tomato plants. Rachel is quite the gardener. Maybe someday we will have an actual garden not just some plants in a bucket!
Thursday we stayed home and played. It rained a little so we spent most of the day inside playing and did a little cleaning. I went to town that evening for girls night while Mike and the girls stayed home. Becca went to bed in her big girl bed without getting out or crying and Rachel and Mike enjoyed watching Wreck it Ralph together.
Friday we stayed home in the morning then the girls went and played with Kate and Hanna while I went to the Dr. Everything is going really well with the baby. He is still growing and we hope to get to see him sometime around the 18th of June. Getting closer! Mike started being on call Friday night so he didn't get home very early. Saturday we went to town and had lunch with Grandma Priest, then Mike finally had some time to dig up the rose bush in her back yard. It was a much bigger project then he thought it would be, but we finally got the stubborn plant out and it is now planted in my front flower bed.
Sunday we went to church and then to lunch. Mike had to go back to the hospital after lunch and the girls and I came home. Becca took a nice long nap and Rachel enjoyed some time playing by herself while I worked on pinning burp cloths for the baby. I have not gotten a chance to sew them yet. I am hoping to get that done tonight. I took the girls to town around 6 and dropped them off at Troshyski's while I went to a birthday party for my friend Stacy. Lisa feed the girls and then brought them home and Rebekah stayed until I got home. Mike did text me right before I was getting ready to come home and let me know that Rachel had gotten sick a couple times. She was asleep by the time I got home and slept all night. She got up this morning and had eaten everything I have let her. I hate telling her that she can't eat but I really hate cleaning up the mess. I think she is going to be fine. She is a little more tired today and just wants to lay around so I'm not so sure that she does not have something but I guess only time will tell. Right now she is fine.
Becca is my early morning riser right now. She usually yells a nice "Mommy" around 6:30 every morning. Some morning I can convince her to cuddle in bed with me for awhile but most mornings she is ready to go. One of her favorite things to do in the morning is tell Roger Good morning. She loves to let him lick her hand and even allows him to give her kisses some morning. How can you not like getting up to that face?!
Becca is developing quite the vocabulary. She can pretty much say anything she wants and her new favorite words are Why and Mine! Most days this house sounds like I have Finding Nemo scene on repeat of the birds trying to eat Nemo and Dori. All I here is MINE, MINE, MINE.
We hope everyone enjoys their week and that everyone got a little rain with all the storms.
No comments:
Post a Comment