Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

   Thank you to all that are serving or have served our country. I would also like to give a big thank you to my Grandma Beth Tielke for providing boxes for the troops. Grandma had heart surgery two weeks ago and is still in the hospital in Omaha. We are hoping to get her home this week. I think she is missing O'Neill and her friends. I was not able to travel to see her since we are only 3 weeks tomorrow from Baby Boy entering the world but I have been thinking and praying for her.
   Now on to what this blog is usually about. Our crazy life. Last week was just as busy as all the weeks seem to be. Monday we stayed home and cleaned and did laundry. Rachel and Becca are starting to be my little helpers with laundry. They each have there own little jobs. Rachel cleans the lint trap and Becca gets to shut the door on the dryer. Then Becca gets to throw away the dryer sheet and Rachel puts away my kitchen towel and Becca's bibs.
  Tuesday we ran to town quick for groceries and a few extra supplies I needed to finish some baby presents and the rest of the day was spent at home. Some playing outside and some fighting between the girls but a good day over all.
  Wednesday I had a Dr.s appointment. It went well and the Dr told me that this baby is not coming anytime soon. He is still camped out in there. That is fine with me as I still need to wash clothes and bedding. The girls played at Troshynski's and then we all went to lunch at the Mongolian grill. One of Rachel's favorite places. Mike was even able to join us for a quick bite. Wednesday night Michelle, Laura, and Stacy had a wonderful baby shower for Kate and I at Gracie Mae's. We got some new outfits and blankets for the little guy. I am so excited to see him in all the cute stuff. Mike and Becca went to eat with Justin and Hanna while Rachel helped me at the shower and played with her friends.
  Thursday morning the girls and I packed bags for a quick trip to the ranch. Mike and Rachel left after work to help at the ranch and Becca and I enjoyed a nice evening at home just the two of us. Friday morning we got up early and picked up Grandma Priest before heading to the ranch. Branding went really well and the girls loved being outside and playing with all the other kids. We even helped Nick and Tucker celebrate their birthdays on Friday night.
  Saturday morning we got up and played at Grandma and Granddad's then headed to town to have lunch at the fairgrounds with the guys after they helped Pat's cousin Sam with his branding. The branding took a little longer than planned so the girl and I actually ate before the guys got back then told Mike goodbye and came back home. The girls both napped on the way home and I took a short rest after we got home before heading back to town for a BBQ. Marty and Lisa invited us in for BBQ which was very good and the girls again had a blast playing with all the kids.
   Sunday the girls and I got up and went to church. Mike stayed at his mom and dad's again and came home around noon. After church we went to eat at Applebee's with the Raatz family. Mike and Rachel went golfing while Becca and I came home and napped. After naps we played and ate dinner and then the girls were ready for bed. Everyone was shot from a long weekend.
  We hope you all have a great Memorial Day and we will check in again next week.

 Baby Shower gifts!
 The girls helped me make brownies
 The best part of cooking.
 Messy girl.
 My crazy life!
 Playing with the princesses and barbie.
 A little pre-branding snack.
Becca and Tucker.
 One happy little girl when she got to ride.
 They loved riding.
 Cheese. So happy. 
We might have to get a horse in the future.
 Tucker waiting for his cake.
 Rachel was waiting for a taste of the cake and to sing happy birthday.
Becca and daddy watching all the birthday cake smashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment