Let's start with last week.Monday we went to Hershey and watched Rebekah high jump at the track meet. We didn't stay long but it was nice to see her jump and the girls had a good time running around on the football field. Tuesday Rachel had school. After school we picked up Mike and took ice cream over to Grandma Priest's. We enjoyed sitting on the back deck eating our ice cream and watching the girls play. After ice cream the girls and I grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading out to the college to watch Mike play some co-ed volleyball.
Wednesday we stayed home, packed bags and played. Thursday we were invited over to a friends house for playing and lunch. The girls had fun playing with Cyline and the lunch was very good. Rachel then had school and Becca and I came home and packed to car while Mike picked up Rachel from school. We finally got everything together and decided to stop in Kearney and eat supper with Cindy at Old Chicago. We arrived in Lincoln around 8 and found our hotel. The girls were really excited to be staying in a hotel so bedtime was not that great. Friday morning Mike got a ride with a friend so I could have the suburban. The girls and I got up and had breakfast then we enjoyed a quite morning of swimming in the pool. After swimming we did a little shopping, had lunch, Becca napped while Rachel and I took Roger to the park. After nap we went over to Bob and Becci's so the girls could play. We were planning to stay for supper but Mike got out of class 2 hours early and we decided to just get on the road to Storm Lake.
We arrived in Storm Lake around 9, we let the girls play just a little and then it was bed time. Saturday we just hung out around the house, played and cuddles baby Lyla. That afternoon Keira and Josh organized a Derby Party and had some friends over. Rachel had a great time playing with the other kids and Becca realized that the big kids are kind of rough and spent most the time helping whoever had baby Lyla!
Sunday we had brunch and then took the girls to the swim park. Rachel thought it was a blast and even went down the green slide alone after a couple of trips with her dad! We stayed a couple hours. Becca enjoyed floating around the lazy river in her floaties! I can not wait for summer and the pools to open so I can take my girls to the pool. Sunday afternoon we packed up and headed to Omaha. Mike got the kids suite at the hotel. The girls enjoyed the bunk beds. Rachel slept on the top and Becca stayed in her bed all night as well.
Monday morning we took the girls to the zoo. It was a nice cool morning so a lot of the animals were out were the girls could see them. After the zoo we stopped and had lunch with Tyson then headed home. It was very nice to be home for this pregnant mommy. I missed my bed!
Tuesday we were back into school routine. Wanda came to town for town hall so after lunch and grocery shopping Becca and I went to Grandma Priest's to see Auntie J and Wanda. Mike picked up Rachel from school and Kate brought Hanna over. Kate had a hair appointment so Hanna came to play with us. After some play time we came home to let the girls play. Mike planted a couple peach trees and Wanda and Phyllis joined us for supper.
Wednesday we had lunch here for Kate's birthday. Michelle, Cinder, Kate, Hanna, Morgan and the girls all played outside. Cinder and Morgan are both dogs and really enjoyed some country freedom and playing with Roger. After Mike got home from work we got ready and headed to town for Kate's surprise birthday party at the country club. Thursday morning we moved all the wall decals downstairs to Rachel's new room. We then went to town for lunch and Rachel's last day of school. It was a cloudy day but the kids were still able to walk to the park for their last day of school. We will really miss Miss Allison and Mrs. Kira but Rachel is really excited to got to Pake and Payne's school next year.
Friday morning we finished moving all Rachel's clothes and stuff downstairs. Mike got home early and stayed with Becca while Rachel and I ran to town for my Dr's appointment. Everything is still going good and I now start going every week. 5 1/2 weeks to go! After the Dr we picked up pizza and came home for a nice relaxing evening. Saturday Mike took the girls to Troshynski's before he went to work and I stayed home and painted the new baby room and cleaned. Lisa and Rebekah brought the girls home after lunch and we then enjoyed some time outside.
Sunday we went to church and then to lunch at Gracie Mae's. Mike got called in to do a case so the girls and I came home. We put on swimsuits and sunscreen and spent the whole afternoon outside. The girls played in the sprinkler, the sand box and we even enjoyed a water balloon fight before eating supper on the back deck. After the girls went to bed I even got to try out my new sewing machine. It dose some embroidery work and I made a quick little blanket with Rachel's name on it for her baby dolls. It was a great Mother's Day.
There that is it. The last two weeks. Now you know why I try to get this done every week. It gets way to long. I hope that everyone had a great Mother's Day and is ready for the next couple days of hot weather before we get some still much needed rain. Enjoy you week and the pictures from our vacation and Mother's Day!
Becca
Rachel
Family pictures at the Zoo.
The girls ready to go swimming at the hotel.
Baby Lyla. Such a good baby!
The first water slide.
Becca needed a little help from Dad.
Family photo!
Mommy and Becca.
Daddy and Rachel getting ready to go down the big slide.
The girls room in the kids suite.
Rachel and Becca the night before Rachel's last day of school.
Enjoying the sun on Mother's Day.
Who needs the beach when you have a big sandbox and a sprinkler?
Becca was actually having fun she just does not like to smile much.
Ready for Baby!
I think I am going to have to put up another curtain!
Becca napping in her big girl bed!



No comments:
Post a Comment