Monday I had my last OB appointment in the morning. The girls went to play at Michelle's while I went to the Dr. They let me know that it was okay for me to go in to the hospital for induction on Tuesday morning. After the Dr. I picked up the girls and we stopped by Mayme's house to pick up a casserole and the girls enjoyed playing with Claire and I got to hold baby Emma. Monday evening we played and grilled outside, Pat and Wanda came to stay with the girls while Mike and I headed to the hospital early Tuesday morning.
Tuesday morning we got checked in at 6am. Mom, Dad, and Sandi got to town around 11 and we enjoyed hanging out waiting for baby to arrive. Sandi stayed and took pictures for us of baby Alexander after he was born. Thanks Sandi they are great pictures. Baby Alexander made is grand appearance at 4:27pm. He weighed in at 8 lbs 6 ozs and was 21.5 inches long. Grandma Julie, Grandpa Bill and Granddad Pat all came to see us after Alexander arrived. Grandma Wanda brought the girls in to meet their new brother. Rachel brought up some gifts for Alexander and thought he was so cute. Mike went and entertained Becca while Grandma Wanda came to see us because I didn't want Becca climbing all over me just yet. Tuesday night we had a couple visitors and got a good night of sleep.
Wednesday Mom, Dad and Sandi brought the girls by the hospital before they took off for Atkinson. The girls stayed with Mom and Dad, had a sleepover at Nicky's and Sandi's while they were gone. Alexander and I had a couple more visitors Wednesday and just spent the day getting to know each other.
Thursday we came home after Mike finished work. Right before we left we got to meet Alexander's new partner in crime. Baby Dutch Raatz. Thursday evening Mike worked outside some and then we enjoyed a movie and cuddling with Alexander. Friday Gwen and Cyline came out to see baby Alexander and I enjoyed a little adult company. Mike and I watched a movie during the thunderstorm and Alexander slept through it.
Saturday Sandi brought the girls back. Nick, Melissa and Tucker came to town. Pat and Wanda were back in town for a funeral. Alexander and I made a quick trip to town to eat lunch after the funeral. Nick and Melissa stayed Saturday night and the girls finally got to spend some time with Alexander. Sunday we got everyone ready. Mike, Nick, Rachel, and Wanda went golfing. Sandi went back home and Melissa, Becca, Tucker, and Alexander joined the rest of the crew in town for lunch at the country club. It was such a nice day we then took the girls swimming while Mike finished his round of golf.
Now for the pictures most of you want to see. I am going to try to keep up the blog but Wanda is headed home today and Becca seems to require a lot of mommy time so I may be late most weeks.
Welcome to the world!
Our Big Boy
Father and Son
Dr. Johng
Grandma Julie
Granddad and Grandpa
Rachel meeting her baby brother.
Grandma Wanda
Becca loves to hold baby Alexander
Ready to go home
Closer look at my eyes.
Welcome Baby Dutch
Daddy, Alexander, Justin, and Dutch
My first bath at home!
No comments:
Post a Comment