Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Night Blogging!

   So I promised to Blog today and so here I am at 9pm starting my two week blog. We will see how long Alec is happy playing on the floor before I have to stop. I will be typing fast to get it all in so I will apologize now for any typos.
  Here we go the last two weeks in a nut shell. We will start with Monday, we stayed home and cleaned and did laundry. Michelle came out to visit in the afternoon and Mike was home early so he and Becca worked/played outside. Tuesday Alec had a Dr appointment. He weighed in at 8 lbs 13 ozs and was 21 1/4 inches long. He was over his birth weight so we don't have to go back to the Dr until his 2 month checkup. Wednesday we went to town for lunch at Gracie Mae's. Lisa came and picked up Rachel so that she could go to Stuart and spend the 4th with her cousins. Rachel was really excited and Becca was so sad that she didn't get to go with Lisa that we had to have some ice cream!
  Thursday was the 4th. Becca, Alec and I met Kate, Hanna, Dutch, Gwen, Cyline, and Stacy at the country club so the girls could swim while Justin and Mike golfed. After naps we went to Justin's partner's house for prime rib dinner and to watch some fireworks. Becca didn't like the fireworks so we left about 10 and headed home for bed. Mike was on call Wednesday and had 6 patients to take care of so he had to stay in North Platte while Alec, Becca and I headed to Stuart on Friday morning.
  We arrived in Stuart around 5 Friday and ate a quick supper before heading to Alec's first Rodeo. {And now Alec is crying so I will be back in a few.} Okay I'm back. He just wants some attention so I am going to try to finish this as he sets on my lap in the boppy! Friday night we all went to the rodeo and then headed out to mom and dad's for bed. Saturday morning we got up and headed to Stuart to Jim and Linda's cabin for a swimming/beach party. The kids all had a great time playing in the sand and swimming while Alec and I enjoyed the cabin along with some of the other babies on and off. Saturday night was round 2 of the rodeo. The girls both got tired early and Alec as hot so we headed to mom and dad's early and went to bed.
  Sunday we got up and played in the morning. We ate lunch and then the girls went and played at Rebekah's grandma and grandpa's while Alec and I went to a visitation for my high school golf coach. After visitation we picked up some food, stopped and picked up the girls and headed home. We had to dodge some storms on the way home but made it back safe and sound and only ran into a little rain and some wind.
  Last Monday we again stayed home and did laundry then we headed to town around 6 to meet Marty, Lisa, Grandma Lou, and Sam for Sam's birthday dinner. We all had a great time until the girls got crabby and a little naughty so we came home. Tuesday we went to the Country Club for Claire's birthday party. The kids all enjoyed swimming and then we had a nice lunch before going grocery shopping and coming home.
  Wednesday we stayed home and Thursday we went to Gymnastics and out for lunch. Mike and Rachel joined Justin and Hanna at the movie theater to watch Despicable Me 2. Rachel was really good but didn't really care for the movie. She has yet to tell me what it was about. All she has said is that the little guys turned purple and mean and she didn't like it.
  Friday was so hot that we just stayed home and the air conditioner went out in the afternoon. The repair people came out right away and found out that the motor went out of the fan. After replacing the motor they got our air working again for now. They have to order some parts and hopefully they will be back this week. Saturday Mike had to work and then went golfing. The kids and I stayed home and played and then went to town to meet Nick, Melissa, and Tucker for dinner. Nick and Melissa stayed the night and we all went to town on Sunday for the Priest family picnic at Cody park. Rachel and Becca both enjoyed playing with the other kids while Alec got passed around between the grandma's. Sunday night Bill and Laura Troshynski brought us dinner. We all enjoyed a nice meal and Alec even slept so we could all eat together.
  There now everyone is caught back up with our crazy life. Now for the pictures!
 Becca was making Roger pretty!



 4th of July shirts I made for the kids

 Becca needed to be in the picture also.
 3 weeks and smiling!
 Big grin
 Long day for Daddy and Alec.
Alec's favorite way to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment