Monday, July 29, 2013

Summer is Almost Over

  I cannot believe that Rachel will start Preschool in 4 weeks. Where did the summer go?! Oh wait part of it we were waiting on Baby Alec and the rest we have spent adjusting to having 3 kids. I will say every day gets easier and we are all adjusting really well. Tonight I am just going to post a quick weekly update and a few pictures. Mike has still not had time to look at my computer so I am still unable to do a collage of the three kids but I will include pictures of each of them at 5 weeks.
  Monday we Becca was still at Grandma and Granddad's so Rachel, Alec and I traveled to Kearney along with Michelle to do some school shopping. It was a fun trip even though they did not have any fall clothes out yet so I didn't get many new things for the girls. We did get all of Rachel's school supplies along with a new backpack that she picked herself.
  Tuesday Pat, Wanda, and Aaron brought bulls to sale and also brought Becca back. Becca had a really good time at the ranch and still talks about playing with the choo choo train and playing in the mud! Mike was done early and we all enjoyed lunch at the airport before Pat, Wanda, and Aaron headed home. Wednesday I had an LCMA meeting so the girls went to play at Troshynski's while I had my meeting. We then came home for naps and played outside. Thursday we just stayed home and played and cleaned. We did finally get some rain on Thursday night and have really enjoyed the cooler weather. Friday was another day at home. After naps in the afternoon we took the kids to the fair. The girls enjoyed looking at all the animals while Alec enjoyed sleeping in the Moby Wrap.
   Saturday was a sad day as we learned early in the morning that a good friend lost her twin boys at 19 weeks due to infection. I spent a couple hours on Saturday with her helping her grieve the loss. Saturday night Mike and I enjoyed watching a movie while cuddling with Alec. Sunday we all attended church and enjoyed a nice lunch with Auntie J, her daughter and family, and Grandma Priest. After lunch I brought Mike and the girls home and then Alec and I went back to town to spend some more time with our friend.
   If you have any extra time this week please say and extra prayer for them. They are doing really well in their healing but they are still sad and we are all asking why? We hope that you all have a great week and give the kids or your loved one an extra hug this week as we are all miracles and take for granted some of the time we have. Until next week. Enjoy the cool, rainy end of July!


Alec just wanted everyone to know that he is 5 weeks!

Rachel actually wanted to hold Alec.

This is what the girls and Mike did while I was gone on Saturday!

Rachel

Rebecca

Alexander


No comments:

Post a Comment