Monday, August 12, 2013

BBQ and Baptism

   BBQ and Baptism is what this week was all about. To tell you the truth, this is the first week in a long time that the kids and I did not do a single activity in town. We did go to town a couple times but no library, gymnastics, or museum. So what did we do? You will just have to finish reading to find out.
  Monday we cleaned and did laundry. I don't really know why I write we, really I did laundry and cleaned while the girls made messes and more laundry. Monday night the kids all went to Troshynski's while Mike and I finally had a night out. We went to Tempera for dinner with two other couples. It was a fun night and we really enjoyed our adult time. Tuesday I did more cleaning and laundry. The girls played and Alec slept, ate, and pooped his pants! Tuesday night we had girls night at Kate's so Justin and Hanna came out here to watch a movie with Mike and the girls.
   Wednesday we pulled weeds out back and cleaned out the fountain. Note to self, when cleaning the fountain don't allow a 4 year old to hold the hose. You get really wet and so does everything around you! Thursday the neighbor came to visit in the morning and Michelle came out and watched Becca and Alec so Rachel and I could run to Walmart. It was fun to spend some time with Rachel alone, but we also had a lot of items in our cart that were not on my list!
    Friday Michelle came out again and brought me some lunch and then stayed and watched the kids while I mowed. Mike was supposed to be home in the afternoon to help but got stuck at work so I was very thankful that Michelle was able to come out and entertain the kids. Saturday morning Mike ran around like crazy getting all the little things done for the party that he really wanted to do on Friday. He did get it all done and the yard look great for the party.
   Kristi, Tola, London, and Brooklyn arrived around 3 and Grandma Julie, Grandpa Bill, Nicky, Jaxson, Kinley, and Ansley arrived around 4:30. They all helped finish setting up for the party and the guests all arrived around 6. We had great time and loved seeing everyone. I am already excited to do it again next year!
  Sunday morning we all raced around the house getting everyone ready for church and baptism. After mass we baptized Alexander and then all went to Gracie Mae's for lunch. Thank you Marty and Lisa for being Alec's godparents and Thank you to all our family and friends that joined us for Alec's special day.
   After lunch we came home and enjoyed a nice visit with Tyson and Nicole. They stopped to let the boys play before heading back to Omaha. It is always great to see them and we are excited that they are coming back in September. Sandi and Rebekah went shopping, while Sam and Jaxson played at Sam's house. Then Sandi, Jaxson, and Sam came out to stay the night. We watched a movie all were all in bed by 10.
   Until next week, have a good week and if you see Rebekah Troshynski tell her HI as she wanted to do something special to get mentioned in the blog so I will just give her a shout out instead!

 Alec's first time in the Bumbo
 Brooklyn loves baby Alec.
 Grandma and Granddad Simonson
 Great Grandma Priest
 Family Photo
 Marty and Lisa Troshynski. Alec's Godparents.
 Grandma and Grandpa Tielke
 One would think Alec is smiling here. Oh no he was screaming.
 The girls waiting for baptism to start

 Thank you Raatz family for the burp cloth.
 Happy baby
 Thank you Great Aunt Merri for my first Rosary

No comments:

Post a Comment