Monday we stayed home in the morning cleaned and did laundry. I had a haircut at 2 so the kids all went to Troshynski's. We are so lucky to have Lisa, Rebekah, and Sam here in town. The girls love playing and Alec was really good the whole time I was gone. He slept most of the time and took his bottle really well for Lisa. I also closed my 31 party on Monday afternoon. I cannot wait for all my stuff to get here. Hopefully this week!
Tuesday I had my 6 week OB check. The girls went and played with Rebekah and Sam while Alec and I went to my appointment. We then came home for naps and more laundry. Tuesday night Alec and I went to town for girl's night. We did finally get some rain, but it also came with some wind that took some branches out of the willow tree. Wednesday we stayed home again. I am taking advantage of being able to stay home these last couple of weeks before school starts and we are running every day. Wednesday night Shawn and Michelle came out for supper. They brought their dog Cinder out to play with Roger. We all had a great evening with lots of laughs.
Thursday morning we were headed to gymnastics when Kate called and said that it was closed so instead we went and played at Hanna's house! The girls always enjoy playing with Hanna even though they fight and argue most of the time. Alec and Dutch are still to young to play but in another couple months they will be so much fun to watch together. Thursday morning before we went to town Alec was laying on the couch and Becca came up to talk to him and he started laughing at her for the first time. I tried to get it on video but only caught the very end.
Friday morning the kids and I went and got the oil changed. I love the little mechanic shop we use. It is run by Dr. Shawn's dad and uncle. They are always so nice to the girls and get us in and out in a timely manner. The girls really enjoy the new candy machine that they have there and we even got in a quick game of Simon Says while we waited. Becca does not quite get the concept but she loves copying Rachel so it was fun to watch. After the oil change we went to Gracie Mae's (You really didn't think I would go a whole week without did you?!) and meet Michelle's family from Arizona. Rachel was quick to tell them her name, that she is 4 years old, and that her mom has 4 sisters! I enjoyed talking with Michelle's dad as he use to haul fertilizer out of Omaha and knew some of the bigger farms around Atkinson. The only one that I really knew of was the Charles Peterson ranch. After lunch we came home and waited for Pat, Wanda, and Aaron. When they got her we all loaded up in the suburban and headed to Alma. After checking into our hotel and checking out Nick and Melissa's new house we were all invited out to Nick's bosses for supper. Rachel was so excited when she found out that Tessa has more than 20 barbie's and a bunch of barbie stuff. We really didn't see much of Rachel that night. Becca enjoyed playing outside on the bridge and looking at the fish in their river.
Saturday morning we got up and went to breakfast. After eating we went and moved stuff into the new house. After lunch Becca and Alec napped and we continued to move stuff from the old house to the new. We then decided to come back home so that Melissa could get things organized without a bunch of extra people around. Sunday morning Aaron made a wonderful breakfast. Wanda, Alec and I went to church and then meet the guys and the girls at Applebee's for lunch before Pat, Wanda, and Aaron headed home. We came home and put Becca down for a nap. Mike mowed and I cleaned some. After Mike finished mowing we headed to the neighbors for their horse show. They were done riding by the time we got there but we did get to visit a little, show off Alec and have a nice supper. The neighbor boy Payne then gave both the girls a ride on Pake's horse before we had to come home and feed Alec. What a week!!
Hope everyone one is getting the rain we need and avoiding the hail and high winds. We have been lucky and have not had any tree damage yet. Until next week take care and we will see some of you this weekend at the Annual Back To School BBQ!
| Alec likes to look cross-eyed. I just happened to capture it this time. |
| 6 weeks already. |
![]() |
| Rachel, Becca, and Alec at 6 weeks. I think he is starting to look more like Rach. |

No comments:
Post a Comment