What is a normal week? We have not had one in awhile around here so I will just give a quick recap of the last couple weeks to bring everything up to speed.
Two weeks ago Rachel was supposed to have school Monday through Wednesday and be off on Thursday and Friday for spring break. Tuesday night she started running a fever so she started spring break a little early and stayed home on Wednesday as well. Thursday she was feeling much better so we met some friends at the park in the morning then came home for naps in the afternoon.
Friday we played most the morning and Mike got home early. The little ones were still sleeping when Mike got home so Rachel and I ran to Walmart for some last minute groceries before the crazy weekend. Friday night was the Patron Party, Mike and I enjoyed an evening out with friends and the kids had a great time with the babysitter.
Saturday Nick, Melissa, Tucker, and Kelcee got here at lunch time. After lunch Nick, Mike, and Rachel went golfing while Melissa and I gave the little kids naps. After naps we played outside then I went to church, then Pat and Wanda joined us for supper that night. Sunday Grandma Priest and Auntie J came out to see everyone. Melissa and I went to town to do some shopping while the guys kept the kids and played outside. Nick and Melissa then headed home and Kate and Justin brought the kids out to eat supper with us and play. The kids all had such a good time it was bedtime before we knew it. I think we will have some late nights this summer with the kids all running around the back yard.
Monday Rachel had school again and we were ready to get back into the swing of things. We took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. The little ones and I spend much of the day outside cleaning out flower beds and things around the house. It was pretty windy but we managed to get some things done.
Tuesday Rachel had a late start at school so our day was a little mixed up. After taking Rachel to school we came home for lunch and naps. Tuesday night after bath Alec was in a lot of pain and I noticed a lump in his right groin. After many tears I finally got a hold of Mike and he came home to check him out. He was pretty sure it was a hernia but I wanted to take him in for a better look at the hospital. Lisa and Babs came out to sit with the girls as it was bedtime and Mike and I ran Alec to the ER. When we got to town everything looks good and Alec slept the whole time.
 |
| Becca my silly leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day. |
 |
| Smiley leprechaun |
 |
| Sassy Leprechaun |
Wednesday we watched Hadlee while Debbie ran some errands. The kids always enjoy playing and helping with baby Hadlee. Alec was feeling much better and had no signs of being in so much pain the night before.
 |
| Playing with Hadlee |
Thursday Rachel had school and the Little's and I came home. I am doing couch to 5K so the days that we have not been going to Jazzercise I have been running on the treadmill. After school we decided to go to town for some ice-cream while we were in town I got a phone call that Alec was scheduled at 7 am Friday for his hernia repair. I quickly made some phone calls and arrangements for the girls then we came home to pack bags. We went to town and had dinner with Lisa, Sam, and Rebekah then Becca went to spend the night at their house. After supper we came home gave Rachel and Alec baths before neighbor Melissa came over and got Rachel. Rachel spent the night at Melissa's so she could go to school on Friday.
Friday morning we got up early and took Alec to the Surgery Center. Alec did okay with the pre-op stuff, he just really did not want the pulse ox on his toe. We finally convinced him to put it on his finger and got a good reading. Dr. Seip did his repair and he was only back for about 30 minutes before they came and got us and said that Alec was upset. Alec calmed down as soon as I picked him up and then got to cuddle with Mike for a couple seconds before Mike had to leave for Clinic in Cozad. Alec and I hung out in recovery for a couple hours while he woke up then we came home and cuddled in the chair until the girls came home that afternoon. Alec stayed pretty close to me most the day but was up and ready to eat by supper time that night.
 |
| Alec and Daddy waiting for surgery |
 |
| He was holding on pretty tight to his binkie and blanket. |
 |
| Happy boy in Mommy's arms. |
 |
| After they gave him some oral Versed. |
Saturday Alec refused to take his pain meds and was up running around so we all went golfing. We took Babs along to help chase the kids. We golfed 9 then had lunch and tried to golf a couple more holes but the little ones were ready for naps. We took Babs home then came home and watched movies.
 |
| Can't even tell that 24hr prior he had surgery. |
 |
| Me and the kids enjoying a day on the course. |
Sunday the girls and I went to church while Mike and Alec stayed home. The boys then met us for lunch after church. They were going to go golfing but Alec fell asleep so Mike came home and did some cleaning in the garage. The girls and I went to the new Cinderella. After the movie we stopped by the church so I could go to confession, then ran through Walmart for groceries, then came home ate supper and finished the movie from Saturday night before everyone went to bed.
We had to post pone Becca's tonsil surgery until the 1st because we were unsure when Alec would have his surgery. Mike and I also missed the Garth Brooks concert in Denver as we did not want to leave Alec right after surgery.
No comments:
Post a Comment