Monday, March 30, 2015

Palm Sunday

  As I sat in church on Palm Sunday watching all the kids wave their palms around I was reminded of some great memories I have of my Grandpa Kohle. I'm really not sure how many palm Sunday masses we attended with him but as I sat there thinking of my childhood I could remember a couple. I remember him not liking us to have/play with the palms in church and then as soon as we would get to Grandma and Grandpa's house he would braid the palms. I am still not able to braid a palm like he could but I was able to make crosses for each of the kids with the palms this year and just having memories of Grandpa made church a little more special this week. Easter Sunday will be 2 years that Grandpa has been gone and there are certain things in my life that bring back very vivid memories of him!


    Monday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise. After Jazzercise we went to Michelle's to pick up the ninja blender she picked up for me in Omaha. I enjoyed a cup of coffee while the kids enjoyed playing outside with Cinder. Mike was able to pick Rachel up from school and then we grilled out and enjoyed watching the kids play outside. Tuesday Mike took Rachel to school so the little ones and I stayed home, worked on laundry and played. I am still doing Couch to 5K and just started week 3.
    Wednesday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After working out we came home and cleaned and played. After school we came home and played before eating supper and heading to town for CCD. While Rachel was at CCD the rest of us enjoyed a visit with Grandma Priest. 

Alec was playing house and changing his babies diaper.
Becca decided to join him and help him take care of his baby. He even found a bottle for his baby.
    Thursday we took Rachel to school then came home and I ran on the treadmill before doing laundry and just enjoying a day at home without running around. We didn't do anything Thursday night as I knew that Friday was going to be a long day and wanted to get everyone bathed and in bed on time.
   Friday we woke up to snow on the ground. We took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. Becca wanted to exercise on stage with Lisa, so when we got to class Becca and Lisa did a little routine on stage while everyone was getting ready. One of Lisa's friends took a picture and Lisa put it on Twitter and it got re-tweeted on the national Jazzercise page. For those of you not into twitter that just means that the picture was recognized and tagged nationwide to all Jazzercise people that follow Jazzercise on twitter. We came home for naps and after picking Rachel up from school we headed to Paxton to pick up our beef. We also picked up some beef for another Dr. that Mike works with and delivered it to the hospital. After the drop off we came home changed clothes and did some hair before heading back to school for Fun Night. We enjoyed taco's and nachos before heading down the halls to play the games. Rachel and Becca enjoyed many of the games while I mostly chases Alec around. The girls favorite parts were getting their faces painted and getting balloon animals/items. Alec also enjoyed his balloon dog until he bit a hole in it!
Alec just tried to pin the tail on the donkey.
Rachel's cat face.
Becca loved her ladybug.
    Saturday I got a babysitter to come to the house as Mike was on call and I went to Kearney with Michelle to register for baby items. We had a great time found some good things for the baby and then made a quick trip to Old Navy to get Rachel some summer things and a couple new shirts for me. Saturday night we watched movies.
   Sunday we went to church and then out for brunch at the Country club. Grandma Priest joined us for lunch. After lunch we came home and Mike and the little napped while Rachel watched a movie and I cleaned the house. I then went out for a run before grilling steaks for supper, giving baths and everyone went to bed. Mike got called back to the hospital after supper, but got home right as I was going to bed. Not a bad weekend. Now if we could just keep the nicer weather and get rid of some of the wind we would all be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment