Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Memorial Day

   Memorial Day is usually about camping and the kick off to summer, remembering the loved ones that served our country and are not longer with us, for us this year it was more of a time to spend with our loved ones as a family.
   There are weeks that I sit down to write this blog and look at my calendar and think man that seems like we just did that yesterday; and then there are the days that I look at my calendar and think really that was only a week ago. This week is one of those, that was only a week ago moments. 
   Last Monday we were still getting up and taking Rachel to school! I had a hair appointment so Johnna H came out and watched the little ones. I ran some errands and then picked Rachel up before coming home and getting some supper ready and taking Rachel to t-ball. While Rachel was at t-ball Mike, Becca, and Alec worked outside and I ran around the ball fields. Mike grilled hamburgers and after a quick supper the kids were all in bed.
   Tuesday we took Rachel to school then went to Jazzercise before taking Alec to Gwen's while Becca and I went to check out her new school for Preschool orientation. We then came home for naps and picked Rachel up from school. It rained all day so we stayed in and had baths before supper.

Alec loves going to Gwen's and holding Belle the puppy.
    Wednesday was Rachel's last day of school and she only had half a day. The little ones and I came home and did some house work while Rachel was at school then went to pick her up after school at a going away party for one of the girls in her class. Rachel had t-ball that evening then we all went to King's Buffet for her last day of school dinner.
Rachel and Becca telling Taylor Sokol goodbye.
   Thursday we had a lazing morning and then I mowed while Alec napped and the girls played outside. Thursday night Mike and I attended the Twisted Fork fundraiser for the Children's Museum while the kids enjoyed there evening with a new babysitter, Alana. We did end up cutting our evening a little short when Alana called to tell us Rachel was getting sick. 
   Friday Rachel woke up feeling much better and since it was raining we just played inside and watched some movies. Mike was on call Friday night so we just stayed home and got ready for the weekend. They decided to take Grandma Tielke back to O'Neill Friday night from Lincoln so we decided to go back to see her on Saturday.
   Saturday Mike rounded at the hospital and I packed bags. We then drove to O'Neill to go and visit Grandma. Grandma was sleeping and we could not wake her up so after taking some pictures with her hands we went out to mom and dad's. We enjoyed sitting outside and watching the kids play before eating supper and going to bed.
   Sunday we got up and went to church, then Nicky kept all the kids while Mike and Clay went golfing and Dad and I went to O'Neill to see Grandma. Grandma slept most of the time we were there but when dad told her we were going to go she opened her eyes and said, "Bye Kami." She then kissed my cheek and told me she loved me! I'm sure at the moment I was her favorite as she told us all many times. We then stopped to visit Grandpa Tielke's grave then went to Atkinson. When Alec awoke from his nap Nicky, the kids, and I went to Stuart and stopped by Grandpa Kohle's grave before heading to Grandma house. We also got to see Aunt Patsy, Debbie, Derric, and Devan while at Grandma's before heading back to Atkinson to pick up Mike and coming home.
   Alec and Becca kept me awake the whole way while Rachel and Mike tried to sleep between the constant chatting of the little ones. 

Holding Grandma Tielke's hand on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment