Tuesday, May 5, 2015

May Has Arrived

   We are officially in the month of May and that mean school is going to be out and summer is officially going to start. I have mixed feeling about school being out. I am so ready to be done making the little ones lay down for naps at a certain time and most days having to wake them up to go and get Rachel from school. I am not ready for all 3 kids at home all the time and the fighting. I am hoping to have a little more organized life this summer and attempt to keep things in order so the girls have chores to do and we can spend most afternoons either at the pool or outside of the house. We will see how that goes!
    Monday Alec and Becca were still sick so Mike took Rachel to school and we did not go to town for the LCMA meeting. We stayed home and did some laundry and cleaned the house up from our weekend of visitors. Tuesday the kids were feeling better but Mike still took Rachel to school so I could let Alec sleep in. We did some more things around the house and after school we picked up Rachel, dropped Alec off at Gwen's and the girls and I went to the dentist. Rachel had another good check-up with no cavities and Becca got to have her teeth counted and vitamins painted on. She was not scared at all and loved picking out toothbrushes and toothpaste for all of us. She is such a sweet girl that she even had to get a toothbrush for Alec because he would be sad without a new one.
    Wednesday Alec was still not feeling the best but was doing better. We took Rachel to school then came home and did more housework. Wednesday evening there was a Country Club Manager Welcome for the new club manager and family. The kids had fun running around with all their friends and I won the longest drive competition while Mike won the putting competition. Rachel also had her last night of CCD and enjoyed ice cream and watching the hospital helicopter land and take off.
Alec was helping me clean on Wednesday.
    Thursday Mike took Rachel to school and the little ones and I cleaned out the suburban and some of the garage. We played outside Thursday evening and had a good time not having anywhere to go.
Friday was May Day so after we took Rachel to school we went to town and got things for May baskets. While Alec and Becca napped I put together baskets and when Rachel got home from school we went to North Platte and delivered them. We only got caught by Hanna, Cyline and the Woodburn's did not see us, so overall a good May Day basket delivery. Friday night the Woodburn family came out for supper. The kids had a great time playing and enjoyed making s'mores.
   Saturday we went to town in the morning and picked up our bountiful basket, then went to garden glove and got some flowers and plants. After lunch at Perkins we came home so Becca and Alec could nap. While they napped Rachel and I planted flowers and set  up the tent. Rachel and Becca had a good time playing in it until it was time to go golfing. Saturday evening we meet the Covey family for a round of golf and dinner at the Country Club. We got home kind of late and attempted a family camp out in the tent. Alec would not settle down so at 10 we took him inside for bed. The rest of us slept in the tent until Alec woke up at 4 am. I went inside with him and Mike and the girls camped until 6:30. Overall the first night was not horrible and I'm willing to try it again, we will just have to see if Mike is as well. The girls thought it was a great time.
Rachel and Becca trying out the tent.
Rachel and I set up the whole tent by ourselves.
Some of the flowers I planted.
Our front door.
     Sunday I got up early and went to church and then the Craft fair at the park. I did pick up a few things for our house and love them so much. I got a board to measure the kids on, a cross that is now hanging in our hallway, and a football decoration for the front door. After the craft fair I picked up food and came home for lunch. Mike went golfing after lunch and the kids and I relaxed and napped most of the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment