Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mother's DayWeek

  Mother's Day Week, is there such a thing? Maybe there should be! A week of appreciating your mother, mother-in-law, her mother, her mother-in-law, and all the mother's around. Do we need a week, or a day, shouldn't we do this all the time? For all the times that I have not said it I appreciate all the women in my life and all the women that help me care for my children from near or far. I could not and would not be the mom I am today if I did not have some influence from each of you.
   Monday we took Rachel to school and then I had an LCMA meeting. I thought it was at 9:30 and it was actually at 9:15 so we were late, but we did make it on time to help vote on a couple important things that we have going on. After the meeting we made a quick stop at Walmart. Alec again proved that last week was just a fluke and he does not like Walmart! It rained on and off most the day so Rachel's first T-ball practice was cancelled so we just came home and played outside in the rain after school.
Alec was not so sure about the rain coat at first.
Becca giving me her best rain day pose.
Roger loved having the kids outside on the cool rainy day.
   Tuesday we took Rachel to school and went to Jazzercise. It rained again most the day so after Jazz we came home and did some laundry and gave the kids naps so we could get ready for Rachel's Spring Concert. After school we came home took baths and got everyone ready for the Spring Sing!

Rachel all ready for her cowgirl part in the Spring Concert
Becca also wanted to be a cowgirl.

We couldn't leave out Bubba so he is also sporting his cowboy shirt and boots.
     Wednesday we took Rachel to school then we came home and I ran on the treadmill. 3 weeks until Lake to Lake I need more running time! We also did some laundry and planted the herbs, carrots, and radishes that I had purchased over the weekend. Becca had a great time helping with the planting and Alec just enjoys being outside. Mike got home early so I decided to mow some before supper and finish up after supper. Alec and Becca each enjoyed riding with me for a little while.
    Thursday we took Rachel to school and then I dropped Alec and Becca off with Michelle so I could go to the dentist and get a different tooth put on my front implant. After the dentist we all went to lunch for Stacy's birthday. The kids had fun playing and it was a nice lunch. We got home late and down for naps late so Mike picked Rachel up from school and then we played outside a little before supper, baths, and bed.
   Friday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. The kids went home with Lisa after class while I ran and picked up some last minute things for the graduation parties we were invited too. Alec took a nap and Becca was playing outside when we found 3 snakes at different times. We moved one to the field and I killed the other 2 as they were right around the strawberry/garden bed. After Rachel got out of school we cleaned up and went to town for Johnna H's graduation party. 

The last snake we removed and killed.
The girls playing at the graduation party.
    Saturday morning we attended Johnna G's graduation party before before picking up Bab's and heading to Kearney for Dylan's graduation party. On the way to Kearney we had a flat tire and had to stop in Lexington at Walmart to get it fixed. When we finally got to Kearney we stopped at Cindy's for a little while before heading to the hotel where we had supper and the kids all had a great time playing and swimming. 

Rachel showing off her super girl mask she got with a movie while waiting at Walmart.
Super girl Becca.
Becca had a great time jumping to Devin and Dylan
Alec was not to sure about his first swim of the season but by the end he loved it.
Rachel started out in floaties but by the end Nicky had taught her to dive and swim without them.
     Sunday morning we got up and had an all girls breakfast at Cindy's house for mothers day. After eating and some pictures we went back to the hotel to pack up before coming back to North Platte. When we got back to town we dropped off Babs and then joined Wanda, Rita, Auntie J, and Mike at Grandma Priest's for a late lunch before coming home to watch a movie and go to bed. 
Mom and I 
3 Generation Picture
Babs and Alec hanging out while the girls swam and I packed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment