Barbecue week has come and gone and again I didn't take any pictures the whole day. Next year I think I may hire a photographer. Okay probably not and now that I think about it I did take one picture of the kids in the bounce house but no pictures of actual guests. Oh, well there is always next year, right!
Monday we just stayed home and did house work and after the kids went to bed I went out and sealed the play set. Tuesday I did more house work and started washing bedding and getting more things ready for the BBQ. Tuesday night we had a pretty big storm and got some high winds and 2 inches of rain. We really needed the rain and all the wind did was blow over some of my tomato plants so really I can't complain.
Wednesday we played outside and I did the trimming around the house. After supper and baths we went to town to get table and so Mike could check on a patient. Becca thought it was so much fun to go to town in her pajamas. Some times its the little things in life that bring the greatest joy to our lives. I still remember the nights that mom and dad would let us sit in the back of the pickup when we went to check the system, and the nights that we would go drive around after baths.
 |
| Becca had just told me that she was not tired and did not need a nap! |
 |
| One of Rachel's favorite things to do when visiting Grandma is to go fishing with Uncle Clay. She had to make sure Clay sent me this photo so that I can put it in her year 7 book. |
Thursday morning I ran the kids in to spend the day with Lisa, Sam, and Babs. I had planned on spending the day mowing and getting the back yard ready but then I decided to rain and be cloudy so instead I did my shopping, enjoyed some time with Michelle and Ashlynn, then finally made it out to mow around 3. After I got done mowing I meet the Troshynski's in town for supper before coming home for bed.
Friday we did some last minute stuff for the party and Alec decided not to nap so instead we washed chairs and played in the water. Babs came out to watch the kids while Mike and I went to the Country Club for an Ambassador Party. We got another inch of rain Friday night as well.
Saturday was the big day. Kristi, Tola, and kids; Mom, Dad, Patsy, Nicky and kids, Katie and kids, and Rachel all showed up around 1pm. So did Nick, Melissa, and kids, Pat and Wanda, Aaron, and Liza, and kids. The rest of the party guest came around 6 pm. It was a great night, a little humid to start out but over all very nice. Kate and Justin brought out their camper and also spent the night.
 |
| Alec and Becca enjoying the bounce house before everyone else came. |
Sunday after breakfast everyone headed home and the kids and I napped while Mike went to town to do some work. After naps we went to Cody Park for Bentley's birthday party then it was home for baths and bed. Mike and the kids watched part of a movie while I put up the corn that Patsy brought me from uncle Jim. I had 3 1/2 dozen ears and got 11 quart bags that each had 3 cups in it. So excited for Jim's sweet corn this winter.
 |
| Bentley and Becca on a ride. |
 |
| Daddy and Alec on the horse's! |
 |
| Canning sweet corn just like the good old days. |
No comments:
Post a Comment