Thursday, August 20, 2015

Rachel Starts First Grade

   How did we get here? Rachel is in 1st Grade and Becca will start Preschool next week! Some days it feels like forever ago that Mike and I were starting our lives together in Missouri and others it seems like just moments ago. Funny how time and memories work. 
   Monday Alanna was here to watch the kids while I went to town and got my hair done. It is always so relaxing getting my hair done. After I got done with my hair and running errands I came home and let the kids do some painting after naps. Alec was a total mess but that is part of the fun they get to have with paints.

   Tuesday we did laundry and house work and watched Baby Ashlynn while Michelle had a meeting. The little two cannot get enough of her and Becca even got to snuggle her on her chest. Ashlynn slept the whole time Becca held her and even would have fall asleep if Michelle would have came 10 minutes later. Tuesday night we played outside and had bath night!

This is how I spend most the time when Ashlynn is here.
    Wednesday Becca and Alec went to Johnna's house to swim while Rachel and I went to the Dr. and then went to buy her school supplies. Rachel and I had so much fun shopping and spending time just the 2 of us. We then went and picked up Hanna, then the little ones before going to Cody Go Carts water park for Savannah and Mattix's birthday party. Outside of Becca and Alec being really tired because they did not get naps everyone had so much fun.
Alec loved the slides
Rachel also had fun on the slides. Becca thought it was too cold!
     Thursday we went to Jazzercise in the morning to see how the morning routine was going to go. We made it out the door on time and everyone was in a good mood. After jazz we came home for lunch and tried to do naps before going to the Gifford's for a pool party. The kids had a great time swimming and hanging out with Johnna before she leaves for college. We picked up supper then came home and ate before Rachel and I went to back to school night to meet her teacher and take all her supplies in.
It was really bright!
The rainbow in Thursday nights storm.



The poems Rachel's teacher gave us. I really like both of them and may have shed a few tears while reading them.
    Friday was back to school day! Rachel was so excited she didn't sleep well and was up before the alarm. She was so excited and had so much fun. After dropping Rachel off at school the little ones and I went to Jazzercise then stopped at Grandma Preist's to pick up sticks and branches that blew down during Thursday nights major wind storm. We did not have any damage but Grandma lost 1/3 of her peach tree and many people in town lost branches out of trees. After school we went to town and had lunch with Lisa and John at Qudoba then it was home for naps before going back to town to help clean up the rest of Grandma's yard.  We stayed in town for pizza at Grandma's before coming home and going to bed.
Such a goof
Getting So Big
Rachel was cold outside the school on the first day
Alec didn't want his picture and Rachel is just silly
The kids on Rachel's first day.
Hanging up her backpack outside her class room
First Day of First Grade with Mrs. Johanson
Becca wanted a picture with Rachel's teacher also

Playing outside at Grandma's
Rachel's class on the first day of school!
   Saturday we went to town to grab a couple groceries and run some errands. Then while Alec napped Becca and I pulled all our carrots. There were so many and a lot of really big ones. Becca had so much fun sorting them into "families". This is part of the reason I love having the gardens out back, watching the joy it brings the kids when it is time to help plant and harvest.
The basket of carrots for this year.
   Sunday we did not go to mass until 5 pm as it was back to school mass at St. Pat's. Sunday morning I cut, blanched, and froze carrots while the kids played and Mike worked. The kids and I then went to mass at 5 while Mike was again working. This year they had to move mass inside McDaid as it was cold and rainy. After mass we went to Margarita's to eat with Marty, Lisa, Sam, and Babs. 

2012-2013
2013-2014
2014-2015
2015-2016



No comments:

Post a Comment