March was correct for once. It came in like a lamb and went out like a lion, not a bad lion just cold and rainy! I have actually enjoyed all the rain. We missed most of the snow this year so we needed moisture. My plants are starting to really grow and the grass is finally turning green. I am looking forward to getting the mower back out. I just need a little more time in my days so I am putting in off until this weekend. It's kind of strange sitting down and only having one week to catch up on. Even though I only have a week of new I have a bunch of pictures of the girls playing soccer so get ready.
Monday Rachel had school and Michelle and Ashylnn came out to play so that Michelle could use our Internet as they disconnected theirs so they can move. Ashylnn was mad that we didn't get to go outside this time but had fun playing with Alec and Becca. While Becca was in school I got on the treadmill and started week 4 of couch to 5K training. I really like this program and it seems to be about the only one I can get myself to stick with. I trained through the program last year and this year decided to try it again only increase my running speed on the treadmill. So far so good, we will see what then next couple weeks bring. After school on Monday we started our first seeds for the garden or maybe to just grow in the window. We stated Basil, Cilantro, and Rosemary! Monday night we had a girl's night going away party for Maelissa McKay. Mike stayed home with the kids while I had a few drinks and came home.

Tuesday we took Rachel to school and finally made it back to Jazzercise. Things just have not been going my way to make it back to class, but today we did. It was so good to be back with a strong group of encouraging women, and it actually felt good to be sore. It made all the sweat and hard work worth it. The kids were even glad to be back and meet some new friends. We ran to Walmart after class for a few things for the weekend and then took Becca to school. Becca was supposed to have a soccer game but it got rained out so the kids went to play at the neighbors while Mike and I attended a hospital fundraising banquet at the new brewery. We only stayed and sampled a few beers and some of their food then came home to get the kids to bed since it was a school night. The kids had so much fun at Elly's house. They sang all the trolls songs and Alec enjoyed playing and dressing up Elly's dog!
 |
| Alec and Bruiser |
Wednesday it was another rainy day and since I am doing couch to 5K and that program requires 2 days of running we didn't go to Jazz and I just ran again on the treadmill. The girls both had school and I did laundry and house stuff most the day. Alec and I like to play on Snapchat at time during the day. Some of our favorite snaps come from Sandi and Axel. I forgot to save the ones of Alec on my pictures so I will try to remember to post them next time. Here is Axel the Bunny:

Thursday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After class we delivered some bags of popcorn to a couple Dr's offices for Doctor's Day and then went to Tracee Hinton's house for a play date with Jase. We stayed for an hour then had to leave so that we had time to get lunch and get Becca to school. Rachel had practice after school and then we came home and everyone went to bed early. Friday we took Rachel to school then came home to pack and get ready for the weekend. Elly came home after school and Sam came out after he got out of school to play. We all then went to the school for the annual school carnival. The kids all had a great time and I think everyone got what they wanted from the prize table.
 |
| Ready for the Carnival |
 |
| First Face Paint |
 |
| Second Face Paint |
 |
| Third Face Paint |
 |
| Alec was so excited to play laser tag. Thank you Jace for helping him. |
After we had spent all our tickets we met up with Maci Cox and came home. Maci stayed here with the kids while Mike and I went to town for Mae and Brendan's going away party. Saturday we got up early and went to soccer. Rachel and Becca both played at 9. Mike and I switched off watching the girls play. Both of their teams won, even though they don't keep score! Becca scored a bunch of goals for her team and Rachel scored her very first goal.
 |
| #7 is working hard |
 |
| A little fun before the game starts. |
 |
| Goal! |
 |
| Another goal, photo credit by Alec! |
After soccer we loaded up and headed to Grand Island for the horse races. It was such a fun day with cousins, aunts, uncle, great aunts and uncles, and grandparents. It was colder this year so the kids didn't watch as much from outside but they still had fun. After the races we all went to the hotel so the kid could swim. Then it was time for bed.
 |
| Alec and Patsy watching the horses come in. |
 |
| So much concentration. |
 |
| Swimming time. |
 |
| Owen's first time in the pool. |
 |
| Rachel diving for rings |
 |
| Becca getting ready to jump in. |
Sunday we got up and enjoyed a nice breakfast then packed up to come home. We got home early afternoon and spent the rest of the day outside. Mike worked on the road while the kids and I planted some new flower bulbs and cleaned out some more flower beds. Everyone was tired that night so after a little TV we were all in bed early.
No comments:
Post a Comment