Monday, January 15, 2018

My Baby Boy

   No school day mean no running so I am going to sit down and write this blog before I get busy organizing and cleaning kid's rooms. So here we are half way through January and I am still trying to get things organized for a new year. I am not sure what or why I can't seem to get things in order and get organized but I am hoping to get on top of things this week. We will see how that goes.
   Monday the kids had school and I went to Walmart for the first time since Christmas. I was there almost every day the weeks leading up to Christmas so I was so excited to take a break. My break may have been a little too long as my cart filled up fast. After pickup Alec up from school we went to Applebee's and had lunch with Marty, Lisa, John, Uncle Jim and Buttons. Then we came home and after school we went back to North Platte to watch my god daughter Kyan play basketball. We got to watch her play 1 and 1/2 games before she hurt her ankle and was finished for the night. We grabbed some food on the way home put the kids to bed. Matt and Trisha came over and watched the College Championship game between Georgia and Alabama. What a good game it was, Alabama ended up winning in a very close game. We finally decided that Alec needs to be done with pull-ups so this week we are pull-up free. We have had a couple night accidents but overall it is going good.
   Tuesday the kids had school and I stayed home to get things done. Michelle brought me coffee and dropped off some other things and Ashlynn got to come see Mimi before I went to get Alec. Tuesday night we just played at home. Wednesday I took the kids to school then came home and got ready to go to the dentist. I had a tooth pulled and an implant put in. I was in some pain Wednesday afternoon so I stayed home all afternoon and rested. Wanda came to town and picked up Alec from school and dropped him off with Michelle. The kids had mass for CCD and I really wanted to go as Rachel's class got to help but I just was in too much pain. Rachel's teacher Jen sent me a picture of Rachel reading and Rachel was so excited to tell me about it when she got home. Wanda came out to visit that evening.
  Thursday we had a late start due to the snow and ice. Alec did not have preschool so after taking the girls to school I came home and walked on the treadmill as my mouth was still pretty sore. Traci brought out lunch and we had a nice visit. We are both so busy with kids and her work and flying schedule we do not get to see each other as much as we would like but we always have a great time and conversation when we do catch up. Mike was done early and able to pick up kids. Elly came to play after school! Friday the kids had school and Rachel had practice after school. I picked up Becca and Bree and they came home and played while I got ready. Mike picked up Rachel from practice and she came home and changed quickly and we headed to Kearney to watch the hockey game. We stopped and ate at Skeeter Barnes before meeting Matt, Trisha, Francis, Andrea, and kids at the game. The kids had a great time after complaining all evening that they didn't want to go.
Star Wars night

Dancing

They made the big screen

More Star Wars

Stormy

More Dancing

More time on the big screen
   Saturday we all stayed home and played and hung out. Mike and I were super lazy that afternoon and started the Marvel movies from the beginning. I was not sure how I would like them but after getting into them I kind of do. Alec joined us for the movies while Becca was at Bree's house and Rachel watched her own shows upstairs. Sunday we went to church and lunch. Rachel then went to Ella B's birthday party; I went to Sutherland to watch Ashlyn and Maci play basketball. Ashlyn's team played hard but lost both of their games, Maci won the first game and I watched until halftime of the second before I had to leave to get Rachel. I stopped and picked up Becca on the way to get Rachel. We grabbed some food on the way home and then Rachel went to stay at Elly's while Mike and I watched a movie downstairs and Becca and Alec watched Lego Ninjago upstairs. Trisha called me at 11:30 and Rachel had gotten sick. It is so nice to be close as I was able to run over and get her and she was glad to be able to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment