Monday, January 29, 2018

January Went So Fast

   I cannot believe it is the end of January already. This weekend I changed over my fridge calendar to February, slow down year. I am super excited for February as Mike and I leave Friday for our annual winter vacation, but I feel like each day goes a little faster than I am ready for.
   With the snow that came Sunday afternoon and through the night the kids did not have school on Monday. We all loved sleeping in a little and just lounging in the morning. Rachel and I worked on a puzzle and then the kids all went outside to play. We had hot chocolate and lunch then watched some TV;  Rachel made banana bread, and finished the puzzle. Rebekah came out with Mike that afternoon to watch the kids while Mike and I went to town for an interview dinner. The roads were patchy but not too bad. Rebekah enjoyed playing in the snow with the kids before Mike and I left that evening.
 
Snow drifts in tree row

Kids and dogs




Babs helping make snowballs

Rachel making banana bread
The puzzle Rachel and I did
   Tuesday we had another snow day as the roads were not all clear for the buses. Elly came over to play and the girls decided they wanted to rearrange their room so we did that in the afternoon. I made chili for supper and got some bookwork done that evening. Wednesday I took the kids to school, which the girls were really excited about because it was movie day in the library for meeting their AR reading goals for the first semester,  and then went to town to have coffee with Gwen. We had a flooring guy come out after I picked up Alec to see if we should refinish or replace our wood floors. He said we could do either one depending on what we want to spend, or we could try to put a new finish on ourselves. We are going to see if we can do it when we have a little more time. They are not horrible just wanted to see what a professional thought before it was really bad. The girls had CCD and Josh brought them home after. We all were home for a nice dinner that evening before bed.

   Thursday the kids had school and I ran to Walmart. We came home that afternoon and played. Elly came home with the girls and they played for a little bit before going to town to get the girls hair cut. Becca was so excited to cut her hair; she said it was too long and always getting caught in her coat. Rachel just had a trim and some layers put in to take some of the thickness out of her hair. So far they both love their haircuts. After getting done at the salon we grabbed some food and came home and the kids went to bed. That night Tom and Terri stopped to stay on their way to Denver. They were headed out to see Cody and wanted to stay halfway as they had to work Thursday. It was nice catching up with them and visiting. 
Forgot the before, but this is after. Becca was mad Alec was in the picture

The back after!
    Friday I took the girls to school while Alec stayed home with Tom and Terri. They enjoyed hanging out and getting ready that morning before getting on the road around 10. Alec and I then got ready and went to town for lunch with Babs. We then stopped at Hobby Lobby for a couple things before heading home. I told Alec we had to go to Hobby Lobby, when we got out of the car he said, "Not this store. This is the fragile store." I said how do you know what Fragile means. He said, "It means I can't touch anything and it breaks easy!" He was very good and we managed to get out without him touching or breaking anything! Mike went to McCook with Aaron and Sean that afternoon to watch Nathan wrestle. Bree came over to play after school and the Becca went to spend the night with Bree and staying until Saturday night. I enjoyed being home for the evening. Mike, Aaron, and Sean got back around 9:30 and Aaron and Sean stayed the night.
   Saturday we got up and had a big breakfast before Sean and Aaron left. We enjoyed hanging out most the day. Rachel and Alec went out to the field in the afternoon to sled with Elly, Grace, and Chloe. Alec came back home and Rachel went to play at Elly's until bedtime. Maci came out that evening to babysit while Mike and I went to dinner with Vince and Traci.
Love having neighbors close for the kids to play with
   Sunday we went to church and then to lunch with Grandma Priest and Auntie J at KFC. We have heard a lot about the chicken pot pie and buffet so we decided to try it out. After lunch we went to Menards and then came home. Mike put up a new light in the kitchen; I put together some new shelves for the girl's rooms (with help from the girls) and some new end tables with lights for the theater room downstairs. Trisha then came over and helped me rearrange picture for the wall and I hung pictures that evening. We had our normal meat, cheese and popcorn for supper before putting the kids to bed. Mike and I then watched a movie before calling it a night!


No comments:

Post a Comment