Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Watch Out

    Watch out we are starting week 4 and I am on my 3rd post of the year. I think I can, I think I can. So what have we been up to? Here was the 3rd week of January in a nut shell.
   Monday the kids did not have school for Martin Luther King Day, so we cleaned. We cleaned out rooms, and draws, and toys. The girls decided they are done with most their barbies, my little ponies, and American Girl Dolls. So we boxed it up, some things went to the preschool, so is going to Sandi's house, and some to Kelcee and Hazel, and a lot of things went in the trash! It feels so good to go through and see them giving and playing with their things that they actually want to play with! We also went through Alec's room and organized his things so that he can pick up easier and see all the things that he has to play with.
  Tuesday was Mike's birthday. The kids went to school and I ran to Walmart and Herbergers. Alec has needed a winter coat but we have been getting by with his rain coat and a jacket on the colder days. We are going skiing in March so I decided I better get to the store and find a coat before they put them all away for the spring and summer clothes. Tuesday afternoon I made lasagna and when Rachel got home she made apple crisp all by herself. She was so proud and it turned out great. We had a nice dinner celebrating Mike!
Happy 38th Mike!
   Wednesday the kids had school and I got some things done around the house. I then ran to town and picked up the kids from CCD and we came home ate, and went to bed. Thursday the kids had school and then after picking up Alec we went to town and had lunch and coffee with Traci. Mike got done early that day so he picked up the kids from school and then we went to Pals with Pat, Wanda, and Aaron for supper.
The dogs enjoying the sun!

Alec being silly at lunch
   Friday the girls had school and Alec and I went to Michelle's for a play date with Steph and the girls. We then came home or lunch and went to the school Assembly to watch some Chinese Acrobats. Alec didn't want to go but loves watching them perform once they started. Bree and Elly came home with us after school and played until bedtime. Elly spent the night!



   Saturday we played in the morning then took Jessie to the vet for her shots. Mike was on call all weekend and had to work. After the vet we went to Margarita's for lunch and then came home. Addalyn came out that evening to watch the kids while Mike and I went to a trivia night fundraiser for the Children's Museum.  Sunday we went to church then the kids wanted to spend some of their birthday money so we made a quick stop at Shopko for some new toys before going to lunch with
Sam and Babs and making it home right before the snow started. Mike ended up going to town around 7 and spending the night due to the snow storm. The kids and I enjoyed doing a puzzle and watching a movie after we found out that there would be no school on Monday!
Alec showing how big Jessie is getting. She is now 22 lbs

Lunch date with my favorite group. We love having Elly join our adventures.


No comments:

Post a Comment