Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Valentine's Week

  We got back home and jumped right into the swing of a holiday week. Not only was it Valentine's week it was also the start of Lent and Ash Wednesday. The kids made their Valentine's boxes on Sunday with Grandma so that was done but I still had Valentine's to buy and drinks' for Rachel's class.  Monday I took the kids to school then came home to start laundry and clean since we didn't do anything Sunday after we got home but pick up Jessie and watch the first Harry Potter movie.  Elly came over to play after school and that night Rachel and Elly had basketball practice from 6-7:30.
   Tuesday I took the kids to school and then went to town and enjoyed coffee with some of my mom friends. It is always good to see everyone and have adult conversations. After picking up Alec we came home and I unpacked my suitcases. We played outside with the dogs and enjoyed ribs for dinner.  Wednesday was Valentine's day. The kids each had parties in their classes, Alec and I enjoyed joining Rachel's class that afternoon. We then went to mass at the church in Hershey and came home and enjoyed Crab Leg's and sea food pasta. After the kids went to bed I enjoyed watching the Olympics. The winter Olympics are my favorite and I remember watching them with mom every 4 years. The kids have enjoyed watch them with me over the past couple days as well.
My Card from Becca

Becca finally has a loose tooth and a new one growing in

Favorite TV Show this week










Alec's Valentine to us
   Thursday the kids had school and after picking up Alec we went town for lunch. We then decided to surprise Lisa and Babs with balloons and candy as they were headed to State Cheer on Friday. Lisa was at home and Alec surprised her with her gift, then we went to school and got to surprise Babs in Art class. We then came home and enjoyed putting up Easter decorations and an afternoon and evening with nothing to do. The girls both gave up Ipad this year so they are finding other ways to spend their time like drawing, coloring, and fighting! Alec gave up fat and then wanted ribs so he gave up TV while he is at school! 




   Friday after taking the girls to school Alec and I went to Grand Island to watch Babs cheer. Alec enjoyed watching the girls and the dip n dots. We then grabbed some lunch and headed back home to pick up the girls from school. Bree came to play that evening and Rachel went to Elly's to play until Mike got home. Bree then went home and Rachel and Elly came over to watch the second Harry Potter!


St.Pat's did not place but we thought they did great.
  Saturday Rachel had basketball in the morning. We went to lunch after she was done and then came home and watched Nathan wrestle in the Championship match. He ended up losing 7-3 but had a great year. Addilyn came over to babysit that night while Mike and I went to town for a bowling fundraiser for the public school. 
Rachel's second basket

Playing ball

Alec's guys he got from Kristi

Fun time bowling
   Sunday we went to church and then out to lunch with Grandma Priest and Auntie J. After lunch Mike had to go to work and the kids and I went to the play Willy Wonka with Trisha and Elly. It was a great play and we are very lucky to have a performing arts center that puts on at least one play a year for the whole family. After the play Rachel went home with Elly and I took Becca to Bree's house to play. Alec and I came home and played. After Mike got done working he picked up Rachel and Elly and we all watched the 3rd Harry Potter. The kids did not have school on Monday so they were able to stay up later and watch the movie. Becca came home around 8 and finished the movie before going to bed.


"Charlie"

"Grandpa Joe"

"Veruca, Violet, and the Announcer"

"Willy Wonka"

"Umpa Lumpas"

Sometimes you just need mommy to cuddle you to sleep!



No comments:

Post a Comment