Monday, February 26, 2018

February Snow

   SNOW! That is the biggest news of the week. This week we broke a record in North Platte. This is the first time in 38 years that we have had 3 consecutive months with snow on the ground and we have had over 30 inches of snow fall since the first of the year. I am excited to see how everything grows this spring with all the added moisture but I am getting tired of the mud and snowy looking fields. I'm ready to see what bulbs the new puppy has not dug up! Rachel and I spent time last fall adding new bulbs around the house. I know Jessie has found some of them but hopefully we still have good looking flower beds this spring!
   Monday the kids didn't have school for Presidents Day. Elly spent the night and the kids played while I cleaned. We did get some time to play and Mike got home early so we watched the 4th Harry Potter movie before Elly went home. Tuesday the kids all went to school and I ran to Walmart and Hobby Lobby to get some more Easter things and groceries. After picking up Alec we came home and I worked on laundry and we played some games.


Alec loves to play Jenga
   Wednesday the kids had school and I worked around the house. The girls had CCD and Grace came over to play after class. Thursday I took the kids to school then rushed to the hospital to get my blood drawn and biometric screening done for the hospital insurance. I then took Jessie to the vet to get weighed for her next dose of heart guard. She is 32.6 lbs already and still hates riding in the car! Thursday afternoon it was snowing and cold so Alec and I just played and watched Woody Woodpecker.
    Friday we took the girls to school then went to town to play at Daniella's house. She is a new Dr's wife with a 3 year old boy. Alec had a great time playing with all the kids and I enjoyed having coffee with the moms. Rachel had practice after school so I just picked up Becca and Bree and came home. Rachel got a ride home with Grace. Friday evening Rachel and I went to town to stations of the cross at church and then stopped by Grandma Priest's house to say hi to Wanda and Auntie J before coming home to watch the 5th Harry Potter.

The frost and sunrise was so pretty
  Saturday we woke up to snow and a text that Rachel's last basketball games had been cancelled. I then made breakfast and we had a lazy morning watching TV and playing. After lunch we went out to the shop to play basketball and ride bikes. Andy and Marsha stopped by to visit. Saturday night Mia came out to babysit and stay overnight while Mike and I went to town for the Nebraskaland Day's Buffalo Bill Bash. We had a great time with friends all evening. Sunday Rachel and I took Mia home and went to church before picking up lunch and coming home. We then all went outside to play in the snow and in the shop. We played more basketball, pool and some darts before coming in to watch the 6th Harry Potter.  We only have the last book of Harry Potter the Deathly Hollows to finish but it is a 2 part movie so we are hoping to finish it this weekend while Mike is on call. 



No comments:

Post a Comment