Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Week Before Vacation

   The week before vacation is always a busy week around here. Getting Mike and I ready to be gone and everything lined up for the kids. I have heard many times over the last nine years that it takes a village to raise a child. This phrase is even more accurate when you plan vacations during the school year without the kids. We are blessed with an amazing village here in North Platte. I received many text the week before we left offering to help while we were gone if the kids needed anything. It makes vacation so much more enjoyable as I know my kids are getting the best care while I'm gone. So the week before vacation was a busy one so here we go:
   Monday the kids had school and I stopped by Lisa's to talk to her about keeping the puppy (Jessie) and the girls while we were gone. I then stopped in and registered Alec for preschool at Kids First for next year. Alec will be old enough for school in the fall but we feel like another year of preschool would be better so we are sending him to a new preschool in North Platte next year. I then went to Walmart and came home after picking up Alec to do laundry and work on paperwork for the kids while we are gone.
   Tuesday was the girls 100th day of school. Becca's class had to bring a hat with 100 things on it. She wanted to glue googly eyes on her hat so that is what we did. Rachel's class did not celebrate this year but I did surprise the girls and go have lunch with them. Alec and I came home after preschool and worked around the house then the kids went to Michelle's after school so I could go get my hair cut and done. The kids had a great time with Michelle and Ashlynn. I picked up dinner on the way to get them then we came home and the kids went to bed.


Lunch with my girls


   Wednesday I took the kids to school then went to town to run some errands. I then came home and spent the afternoon packing the kids for the week and my clothes for vacation.  Thursday after taking the kids to school I went to town and got my nails done. Maci came home after school with us and I went to town to tan and then Mike and I went out for supper before going to Hershey for Parent Teacher Conferences. The kids all got very good reports. We talked to Mrs. Cox about Alec going to Kindergarten next year. She said he would probably do okay but she feels like a full day 5 days a week would be a lot for him. Becca is doing amazing. She is one of the best readers in her class and so she gets to be the teacher helper when they read. Her teacher said she is an amazing helper and shows lots of patients with the other students. She had great scores on her winter tests and she is ready to go to 1st grade. Rachel is also progressing well. She is getting stronger with her reading and is one of the best in her class at math. That is always willing to help in class and has lots of friends. She is still going to Title 1 to get some extra help with reading but is increasing her words per minute reading every couple weeks. Overall conferences went very well.
    Friday the girls and I took Alec to meet Dad. Alec went to spend the week with Mom and Dad so that he didn't get shuffled around with preschool. He was so excited to see Grandpa and Grandma. Kristi had cleaned out some toys and had some imaginex stuff for him so he was really excited to see his new toys but was also excited to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa alone.  The girls and I came back home and grabbed some lunch. Mike got home and I ran the girls and Jessie to Lisa's and then Mike and I took off for Denver. We spent the night in Denver and fly out early Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment