Spring Break was never a big deal growing up, we were usually in the middle of lambing or calving so spring break was usually just a day without school that we spent watching the cows so mom and dad could work. This year for spring break we decided to take the kids skiing in Breckenridge.
Monday the kids had school and I spent most the day doing laundry and making breakfast burritos. Mike's partner had a new baby girl and they named her Ellie!
 |
| Alec Fell Out of Bed! |
This is how I find Alec a lot of nights when I go check on him before I go to bed. He always tells me that he fell out of bed. Somehow he always manages to fall out with a pillow and all his blankets. He does not like sleeping in his bed, not sure if it is a stage or what but he sleeps so I usually just leave him.
Tuesday I took the kids to school then went to town and got my oil changed and tires rotated. Michelle and Ashlynn came to pick me up and then we went to Walmart and to the hospital to see baby Ellie. We came home that afternoon and played some cards and worked on homework before eating and going to bed. Wednesday the kids had school and I worked on packing and getting everything ready for the weekend.
Thursday I took kids to school then came home and got all Jessie's stuff together. I then went to town and dropped Jessie off, picked up Babs, picked up lunch for the girls and we headed to the school to eat lunch with Rachel and Becca. We then picked up Alec and came home and loaded the car. Mike got done with work early so we picked up the girls early from school and headed to the mountains. The kids loved going through the passes and seeing the mountains get bigger. We got to Breckenridge and went to the ski store and got everyone's gear before going to the condo to meet up with Kate, Justin and the kids. That night Babs babysat while Kate, Justin, Mike and I went out to dinner at the Motherload.
 |
| Hot Tub Time |
 |
| Getting fitted for skis |
 |
| Kate and Mike |
 |
| The boys were together all the time |
Friday we got up early and ate breakfast before heading to the mountain. The kids all went to ski school, Babs went to ski school, Mike and Justin skied, and Kate and I enjoyed visiting at the bar. The kids had a great day at ski school and loved it. That night we just relaxed and let the kids swim in the hot tub, play and we watched a movie.
 |
| Friends from North Platte were also on the mountain. |
 |
| Rachel and Hanna |
 |
| Checking in |
 |
| Babs ready for school |
 |
| These two have the best conversations |
The kids had so much fun on Friday in ski school they all wanted to go back on Saturday. Alec thought school was really hard and was disappointed after the first day because he didn't get to go on the magic carpet, but they started him off on day 2 on the carpet and he loved it. Alec completed Level 1 of ski school and was working on level 2. Becca and Rachel both completed level 2 and were working on level 3. They both got to go on the mountain and try their skills coming down. After school on Saturday Mike and Justin took Rachel and Hanna down the mountain. Rachel loved it and did really well. She just needs to learn that not every path is for beginning skiers. She took a wrong turn before Mike could get her stopped and they ended up down the mountain at the car not at the ski school where Kate, Babs, and I were waiting for them with the little 3. Saturday night we went out for dinner at Modis while Babs put the kids to bed.
 |
| Rachel on the mountain with Mike |
 |
| Here she comes. |
 |
| It snowed so much on Saturday. Great day to ski |
 |
| Everyone's ski stuff to be returned. |
 |
| Going on an adventure |
 |
| Taking a break. |
Sunday we got up and packed up the cars and headed home. I took Babs home and picked up Jessie while Mike and the kids played outside. We then ate some supper and everyone went to bed. With the time change and being on Mountain Time we were all really tired. What a great spring break with many memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment