Monday, October 7, 2019

June 24 - June 30

   Monday June 24th I got up early and worked in the garden before it got too hot. Rachel went to Elly's to play so Becca and I went to town and ran errands and had lunch. We also ran out south and checked water before coming home. We then picked up Rachel and headed back to town at 5:30 for Piano since we were leaving town early on Thursday. We picked up Arby's on our way home and then I helped Mike take the generator out of the RV while the girls played.
Lunch at Becca's favorite place: Ruby Tuesday's

Then some ice cream
   Tuesday Becca and I checked fence here at home before getting ready for Becca's last week of dance and gymnastics summer camp. Becca had a great time and can't wait to try it again next year. Rachel and Becca then both had basketball camp at Hershey. I enjoyed a couple hours to myself and then Katie, Bree, and Ava stopped by on their way home to play on the water-slide!
Last day of Gymnastics


Water-slide fun
   Wednesday I took salt and mineral out to the cows then ran the girls to Demi's so that I could take off for Cozad to meet Melissa and Kathy then took the girls to camp. After I got home from picking Alec up I mowed and Becca went home with her friend Josie for a sleepover. After I cleaned up from mowing we went to Pal's for a going away party for on the the Drs and his family.
Fun at Josie's
   Thursday I got up early and ran to Walmart to get all the last minute stuff we needed to take on vacation. The girls then has camp and Alec and I came home and packed the car. We then picked the girls up on our way out of town and headed to Rapid City. Nicky, Clay, Sandi, and Aaron were already at the hotel when we got there. It was too late for the kids to swim so they just hung out for awhile then we all headed to bed. The next day the kids got up early to swim before meeting mom, dad, Kristi, Brooklyn, Katie, Matt, and the kids at Reptile Gardens. We all had a great time playing, observing, and watching some of the shows. We then headed to the Cosmo's to see all the strange thing in nature, like water and balls rolling and run what looks like up hill, walking on a flat floor that makes you fall over. Next we headed to Rush Mountain. Everyone enjoyed riding rides and mom and I went on a cave tour. It was really neat but mom remembered after we got in a ways she was claustrophobic. The path was not too bad and she made it through. Dad had a blast doing the ride with all the grand kids. From Rush mountain we headed to mount Rushmore. We really wanted to see the lighting of the heads so that is why we saved it for last. We stopped in the parking lot and had a picnic before going into the monument. Some of us walked the trail and others got ice cream. We all saw the lighting except Sandi and Aaron as their kids were ready for bed. After the lighting we all headed to our vacation house in Deadwood.














 












   Saturday we just hung out at the cabin and had breakfast and lunch. We then headed downtown to see what it was all about. We watched a couple street shows and then headed back to the cabin. That night after a nice steak dinner the adults all headed to town to the casino's. We all had a great time! Katie and I figured out that we are not very good at slot machines. I changed some of our luck around at the black jack table. Mom, Nicky, and Kristi had better luck on the slots and everyone else enjoyed the tables. 

Becca was so excited to hold Lexa while she slept






Deadwood go fish






The whole group


   Sunday we had planned to maybe go see some waterfalls or do some hiking but it rained most the day so we just let the kids play. Some people watched movies, some played cards. That evening we decided to go back to town for a little more gambling. Sandi and Aaron decided to take off Sunday so they could get home and have a normal Monday. The rest of us took off on Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment