Monday June 1st we unpacked the camper in the morning before it got hot and then the kids and I all worked in the garden. Becca, Alec and I worked on weeding while Rachel cut all the bottom branches off my plants. It ended up getting really hot before we got finished. I did get all the plants some fish fertilizer and they are looking good. Rachel then went to Elly's for a little bit to play but had to be home by noon to go out to the Simon ground and help Mike spray. I came in and ran on the treadmill, then when Rachel got home we all went to Trisha's and swam in the pond. It was nice to cool off after a hot day. The kids ended up with a bunch of bites and we are not sure if they are mosquitoes or water bugs.
| Radishes are one of Mike's favorite garden foods |
Tuesday I worked on watering the yard and garden and then tackled weeding the raised beds. The hardest part about weeding my raised bed is that it is hard to tell what is a weed and what is a plant. Most of my plants in these beds grow from seeds from the previous year so I have to let them get so big before I can tell what they are. I think we got most the weeds out but only time will tell. Rachel had Piano at 1 via Facetime and then we went to the Sutherland lake with Klug's, Jarzenka's, and Schaffer's. The kids all had a great time playing in the sand and water. Capri and I let the girls (Rachel, Ella, and Becca) take the paddle board and they wanted to go see the island. We kind of forgot about how much the beach is blocked from the wind. Long story short the girls got over to the island but could not get back. We were thankful for a boat of fishermen that were able to pull them back. The girls did have a plan to walk back around but were thankful to have a ride. Capri and I learned a good parenting lesson! Overall we all had a great time. On the way home from the lake we picked up Elly and came home for pork chops. Elly stayed the night with us!
| Rachel and I at the lake |
| Kids playing in the water |
Wednesday I ran outside first thing in the morning then worked on watering my yard some more. My tractor sprinkler broke so before I went to get my Walmart pick up I stopped at Menard's and bought another one. I love the tractor as it will run for a long time without me moving it. I then came home and worked on house work and the laundry. Elly stayed most the day and the kids rescued a ground squirrel from Jessie. They made it a home and wanted to keep it but at the end of the day they decided to let it go.
Thursday Rachel was finally able to get her birthday haircut and highlights. Becca and Alec went to Lisa's to play while Rachel and I were at the hair salon. We then went to lunch with Lisa and Sam at Margarita's before coming home to change clothes and go swimming at Jen's house. The kids had a great time and didn't want to leave but a storm was coming and Wanda was in town so we headed home around 5. Mike and Pat went to Ogallala and bought a pot load of steers for the Simon ground. I grilled steaks that night and was able to start the meeting for the Kohle side but was in and out as Mike, Pat, Wanda, and I were eating dinner.
| She is in love with her hair! |
Friday I went for a run then just waited around for Pat and Wanda to come get some panels to put around the windmill. Wanda called after my run and said that they needed me to go and find a chute by Hershey so they could pick it up and use it to unload cattle. They then picked it up and came and got some panels and went to the Simon ground to wait for the cattle truck. The kids and I got ready and met them out south. The kids enjoyed watching the steers come off the truck. We then all went to Applebee's for dinner. The kids were so good all day! When we got home and showered I read outside and then the kids and Mike came out and joined me and we enjoyed seeing the Strawberry moon and just dancing and singing on the deck. It was the perfect night, no wind and the perfect temperature.
Saturday the wind was blowing so Mike and I headed out to run some errands and check on the cows and pastures. First we went to Hershey and got a wood burning stove for Pat and Wanda, then we went to town and signed some papers with our new financial advisor, then we went and checked the cows and pastures. The wind was blowing too much to really work but we got all the water checked. We came home and I got cleaned up and the kids and I went to church. It was so good to be back in church. The kids were better than ever and we even all had to wear masks which they all kept on the whole time. We then went for ice cream since they were so good before coming home for popcorn and movies. Sunday mom and dad brought 9 fall calving cows for us so Mike, Alec, and I headed south to spray weeds and work on a gate while we waited for them. Pat also had a neighbor bring down 15 heifers to run with mom and dad's cows. We met mom and dad just after 12 on the Campbell (they had a flat tire on the way so were a little bit later than planned). Mom and I then went to town and picked up KFC, the girls had stayed home to do laundry and clean the house, they didn't get much laundry done as the wind was blowing so hard the power kept flickering. We enjoyed spending some time with mom and dad and then we loaded them up with the totes of stuff I have been cleaning out and they headed home. We lost power to our subdivision for about 3 hours. I was glad when the power came back on as I was so ready for a shower after being out in the wind and dirt all morning. After the power came back on we made some popcorn and watched Back to the Future part 2.
| Alec followed me all the way across the pasture |
| Always watching his daddy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment