Wednesday, June 17, 2020

June 8 - June 14

  Monday I went out to the pastures to check water and put out salt and mineral to the new cows and heifers. I then came home and did laundry until it was time to take Rachel to town. Maci came over to play with the kids while I was in town. Rachel had her last derm appointment, hopefully forever. The warts on her fingers and lips are gone, she just had one little one left in her nose. She was not happy but we held her down one last time and froze it. I am happy to report that it fell off and she is doing good one week later. After derm we went to lunch at her favorite spot to get sushi! Then she had an ortho appointment. After ortho we stopped for ice cream before coming home. The only way we get Rachel through hard appointments is with the promise of sushi and ice cream, her 2 favorite things! That night we grilled hamburgers for supper and just enjoyed a nice evening outside. 
   Tuesday I got up and went for a run. Mike was going to be done early so he checked pastures. I worked on laundry again and Rachel had face-time Piano at 1. The rest of the day we played and worked around the house. Mike got home early so he and Rachel made a bird house. After the construction of it Rachel painted it. It is too heavy to hang in a tree so we are still working on a way to get it put up. Right now it is a deck decoration!


     Wednesday Becca and I got up early and went to her Ortho appointment. We decided to start the expansion of her palate to make room for all her teeth. She got spacers put in her teeth and it is crazy but she was unable to do anything hard as her teeth hurt so bad, (example: she couldn't help in the garden, but she could play with the kitten, she couldn't do dishes, but she could eat). I am sure her teeth were hurting but she loves to find ways to get out of hard things. After we got home I mowed and then we weeded and worked in the garden. I then got cleaned up again and Becca and I headed to Hershey for Becca's first Reconciliation. It was a very nice service and we are going to miss Nancy next year. 










     Thursday I got up and went for a run then we cleaned the house and got ready for our afternoon play-date. Sarah, Claire, Cassie, Seve, Mace, Stephanie, Grace, Claire, and Ellie came out to play in the water and visit. We had a great afternoon playing with the dogs, cat, and in the water. After everyone went home we had popcorn for supper and I enjoyed another Thursday night on zoom with some of the Kohle's. We didn't have as many on this week but we still had a great time catching up!

He wanted a picture of him going down the slide, then this is what he did.

Becca and Clarie, and poor Simba

Miss Ellie, she is a ball of fire and just so cute.

Cassie was due to have her twins in 4 days!

What a perfect night.


Mace, Seve, and Alec enjoying a snack


    Friday I got up and ran before it got too hot. We then worked on laundry more and cleaned up the house. We had lunch and then went to the neighbors for a pool party. The kids swam for 5 hrs and then Rachel stayed at Demi's for a sleepover with Demi and Jensyn. Delcey came home with us and the kids watched a little TV while they ate some popcorn and then everyone went to bed. I had such a great time visiting with friends I didn't take any pictures of the kids but Jen did send me one of Delcey and Becca.
   Saturday we got up and I promised the kids we would get donuts before going to check pastures. However the line was forever long at dunkin' donuts and Starbucks, so we had to settle for McDonald's breakfast. We then headed out south and checked the Simon. Everything was good but I did find more musk thistles. When we got to the Campbell I noticed that the windmill was not pumping water. Mike was on call but Pat and Wanda were on the way to drop off more heifers and then go to Alma for Tucker's birthday. Mike was able to meet Pat when they got to town and they were able to fix the windmill enough that it was able to pump water.  Becca went home to swim with Delcey and I went and picked up Rachel and Jensyn in the afternoon and brought them home to get ready for church. We all wen to church and then the kids and I went to dinner and picked some food up for Mike before coming home. Everyone went to bed early after the late night on Friday.
   Sunday Mike and I got up early and went to the Simon to spray thistle before he got called in to do a case. I then came home and played with the kids. Mike worked most the day and I started cleaning and organizing my office. Pat and Wanda brought food out that evening and we enjoyed visiting with them before calling it a night. What a crazy busy week we had!
A snack Jessie found and we thought was dead but then it disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment