Branding week is always a big week in the Simonson Family. We were not sure a couple weeks ago if we would even get to go to branding. But even with the county opening up more stores and restaurants we have not seen an increase in Covid cases so we all got to attend branding this year.
Monday Mike was still on call but he wanted to spend time with the kids so he loaded up Becca and Alec and took them with him to the hospital to round and then they went out south and checked on the tanks at the Simon and Campbell grounds. Rachel enjoyed having some time to herself and I worked in the camper some and then finished reading my book. Mike and I decided to make another bed in the camper by taking the table down and adjusting the brackets on the seat to hold the table. I then had to find a way to make a cushion for the table. We got the table done and I decided to wait and go to Walmart and look for supplies to make the cushion. The kids spent some time outside playing with the dogs and cat before we all came in for dinner and a movie.



Tuesday I ran to Walmart and did some shopping and then came home and packed the kids clothes. As I was looking for bedding for the camper I found a mattress topper I had used in the pop up camper. The crazy thing was that I had folded it and put in away in the exact size I needed for the table. So I just made a huge pillowcase for it and the best part is if it needs more padding there is room to add extra pillows to the inside of it. The kids worked on making sidewalk chalk paint and played outside. Rachel had another Piano lesson and then we just played the rest of the day. Tuesday we also finally got the girls school packets that had their teachers for next year! Alec got his last week and he will have Mrs. Wilson, Becca will have Mrs. Ransdell, and Rachel will have a new teacher to Hershey Mrs. Kennedy. Another thing that we got in their packets was their dog tags. We knew Alec got his 100 pt one at the end of the year party but we didn't know that Rachel and Becca each got one in April. I am so proud of the kids and all the reading they are doing.




Wednesday Nick came to town and brought Tucker and Kelcee. Nick ended up taking the camper with him as Mike needed to load some things on the trailer and didn't get it done before work. So I finished packing the camper and then when Tucker and Kelcee got here the kids all played while I did house work. We then took of for Sutherland lake with Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey. The kids all had a great time and we got home just before Mike. I decided to keep all the kids with me and just take my car up the next day. That night we all got showered up and watched a movie before going to bed.
 |
Tucker
|
 |
Kelcee
|
Thursday we had a late breakfast and then got cleaned up and ready to go. I had to wait until 1 to leave so we could pick up pizza's for dinner that evening. The kids all road really well and we all so excited to get to Aaron and Liza's. The guys got back at a decent time and we all enjoyed eating pizza on the deck and just enjoying the evening. Liza always gets the kids gifts for their birthday's at branding time so they had a good time opening gifts and playing with their new outdoor things.
 |
A moth Sean found on a bush
|
 |
How Becca sleeps with her animals!
|
Friday we all got up and going early. Becca, Alec, and Kelcee were so excited to go to the branding corral and help. Aaron didn't have many to brand so he split the morning with John Simonson, so while they were waiting we did a small group of heifers. It was a good opportunity for Alec and Becca to help without being in the way. Sean did a great job roping, Alec enjoyed wrestling some calves and notching a couple ears, and Becca tried to do some ear notching but decided she was better at sitting on the pickup and watching. She did get to ride turtle so she was excited and had a great day. Rachel would rather not be around cattle so she was more than happy to stay and help Liza. Liza said she was a big help and was always ready and willing to carry and clean stuff right with the other women.
 |
What a good uncle to help you learn how to wrestle!
|
 |
Granddad and Bobby manning the irons.
|
 |
Mike was in charge of vaccinating at the first pen.
|
 |
Nick had been one of the cutters since I started going to brandings.
|
 |
| Tabitha helping the kids ear notch |
 |
Pat and AB Cox waiting to brand some more.
|
 |
Becca wanted to make earrings with the ear notches.
|
 |
Brothers enjoying being done with branding on day 1
|
Saturday the guys took off early for Pat and Wanda's. I got around and fed the kids then got to Wanda's just in time to take rolls and drinks to the branding corral. The kids and I loaded up and headed through the hills to find the crew. The girls thought I was lost and were about ready to give up when we came over the hill and found the crew. They were just finishing with the round up so we were just in time. After serving breakfast Alec stayed to help while the girls and I headed back to the house to help Wanda. We helped at the house for a bit before loading everything up and heading to the lake place to help set up food. When the branding crew moved to the lake I took Kelcee and Hazel over to watch more branding. Hazel was sad for the calves and enjoyed sitting on Turtle just for a bit. Kelcee had a fall while trying to get off Turtle the day before so she just wanted to stay on the trailer and fence. Sean and Ashlyn both helped Alec wrestle at Granddad's branding. I didn't get any pictures of Ash but got a couple with Sean and a video. Alec had so much fun and wrestled a lot on Saturday. We then ate and the kids enjoyed playing. The girls even got to sing my current favorite song "More Hearts Than Mine" with Ash while she played guitar. We then went back to Aaron's for the night.

 |
Tim Simonson
|
 |
Singing
|
 |
Ashlyn, Kelcee, Becca, and Rachel
|
 |
Becca getting some guitar lessons from Bree
|
 |
Dr during the week, Cowboy on weekends!
|
 |
Alec was so excited to spend the day learning all the cowboy things
|
 |
Hazel and Grandma
|
 |
Washing or playing in the water?
|
Sunday we got up and Aaron, Nick, and Bobby made calf fries and potatoes for breakfast before everyone took off. We packed up the car and camper and took off just after 1. We got back home and I got on my mower and mowed the lawn. By the time I finished mowing the kids had eaten some supper and were ready to start and movie. I got cleaned up and we enjoyed watching Back to the Future before getting everyone to bed early. What a wonderful weekend we had with family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment