Wednesday, July 1, 2020

June 22 - June 28

    Another week gone and almost another month. I can't believe we are half way through 2020 and what a year it has been. I don't think any of us could have predicted how different we would all be feeling going into the 4th of July weekend for 2020. 
   Monday June 22nd I went for a run in the morning then mowed the yard, sprayed weeds in the driveway and the kids had a great time swimming in the tank. Brianna came to play all day and Becca enjoyed having a friend over and they played outside with Simba and in the water all day. 



    Tuesday we weeded the garden and worked outside in the morning. Rachel then had her first Piano lesson at Nikki's house. She was so excited to be back in person and finished her second Piano book. Becca and Alec stayed home and after Piano, Rachel and I stayed with tradition and ran and got ice cream to bring home. Mike was home for dinner that night and enjoyed eating with the kids while I ran to Hershey to attend a parent's meeting about fundraising for Rachel's Washington DC trip. We had a great meeting and Rachel is already well on her way to paying for part of her trip through her fundraising. She surprised me and is doing really well selling the bug butter to friends. 
    Wednesday I got up early to run then headed to town for my hair appointment. I then had planned to go to Walmart and then head home, but while I was at Walmart Jen called and asked if we wanted to go swimming in Sutherland with her and the girls. So I ran home quick, fed the kids and then we headed to swim. The kids had such a great time swimming and seeing more friends. We got home just before the storms rolled in. We got some baseball size hail, but only a few, and then it hailed more but there was no wind and it looked like someone was just sprinkling hail on the ground. It did rain just a little and I couldn't bring myself to look at the garden so I waited until the next day. I didn't lose many flowers on my pots so I figured it was good but you just never know. The good news is the garden was just fine!!!

First Time off the big board and the big pool







Rachel and Jensyn

Delcey and Becca



Becca and Bentley
     Thursday we stayed home in the morning and worked on cleaning the house and laundry. I finally got through all my office desk and got it all cleaned and sorted. That evening the kids and I picked up Jen, Jensyn, and Delcey and we headed to Ogallala to eat and watch the Front Street show. This was the first time the kids and I have ever been and it was amazing. It was so funny and entertaining. The kids are still talking and repeating lines from the show. 















Alec loved the show so much!
   Friday Becca went to her friend Josie's house to help her wash her steer for 4-H. Then Josie came here to play for the day. I ran a checked pastures after dropping Becca off then came home and went for a run and worked on cleaning the house. I then dropped Becca and Josie off at Josie's on my way to town to attend a shower for Matthew Troshynski and Sydney. It was good to see Lyle, Gina, Tim, Tera Lee, Brian, and Ami along with other friends of Marty and Lisa's. Mike was on call but was able to attend the party for awhile. I then picked Becca up on my way home and we all went to bed. Saturday we hung out in the morning then I went to town for a golf tournament fundraiser for the Hershey Cheerleaders. We were the only all female team, my team was me, Jen Hampton, Stephanie Weisen, and DeNesa Fleck. We ended up shooting even par and winning the 2nd Flight. It was a great day but I was tired and crashed on the couch when I got home. Mike and the kids had a good day playing and hanging out. 
   Sunday we went to church and then to lunch at River's Edge with Mike and Aunti J. After lunch we came home and the girls pulled weeds as I mowed as we did not have a good morning getting ready for church. That evening we went to Hampton's to swim and watch the Hershey Fireworks. The kids enjoyed walking over to the park for s'mores and Alec was so excited to see some of his friends from school. We then went back to Hampton's and the kids swam while the Fireworks were going off. The fireworks didn't get over until 10:30 and the kids were very ready for bed! What a busy amazing week we had!












No comments:

Post a Comment