Thursday, June 8, 2023

June 20 - June 26

     Monday June 20th I slept in and then went outside and took care of the garden and plants. It was a hot and windy day we we spent most of it inside. Becca and Alec made cakes for my birthday in the afternoon. I took Rachel to the Dr at 3:30 to see why her ear is oozing. They said it was just inflamed and has some inflammation. That evening Alec had practice and then we came home and had steaks for supper. Overall it was a great way to turn 41. 


Made this with the new Calligraphy stuff I got for my birthday
  Tuesday Rachel and I got up early and joined some friends on a trip to Kearney to attend a high jump camp at UNK. While the kids were at camp we did a little shopping then went to lunch and came back home. That evening we played outside with the puppies and just enjoyed a relaxing night.


     Wednesday I got a pedicure in the morning and then ran errands around town. That afternoon Rachel had basketball practice for some summer league events at the end of the month. After practice we went to the arena so Mike and I could play cowboy kickball. The kids enjoy watching us play each year. We ended up winning the loser bracket and had a great night with friends.


Posing with Lisa after the games

    Thursday I took Rachel to the school to head to a basketball summer league in Broken Bow then went out south and checked cows before coming home to clean. I was another warm day so we spent most of it inside. That evening Mike and I attended Taps and Tunes and enjoyed visiting with friends and sampling new microbrews from the area. 
Playing against cousins

    Friday Becca went to Nana Dee's to swim with Brekken. Rachel was home all day and enjoyed not having any activities. Alec left in the afternoon for his baseball game. He went with Elder's as Mike and I had tickets for the concerts and he still wanted to play his game. Mike and I went to the Tim McGraw Concert that evening with the Duggan family. It was a great concert and still one of my favorite events of every summer.






   Saturday we slept in and then I went to Hershey to pick up Alec as he just stayed the night with Beckett. We then grilled steaks for lunch before heading to town for night 2 of concerts. Saturday night was Nitty Gritty Dirty band and Miranda Lambert. We went with the Duggan family again and had another great night of music. 
Dr. Lashley









Elder's!

   Sunday we slept in again and then went to church. After church and lunch we came home and I mowed and we did yard work. The kids and I then headed to Hershey for the firework at the park. Rachel hung out with friends. The Hershey fireworks is starting to be a favorite summer tradition as well!










  What an eventful week. We love June and how many friends we get to see. Now on to July!


When the sweetest friend Sarah leaves you flowers for you birthday and then sends you this picture to tell you!


No comments:

Post a Comment