Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Closing Out 2013

   Here we are at the end of 2013. I decided to wait until today to write the blog so that I can just complete the 2013 book on the last day. What a year we have had. Mike has been busy with work on and off. He is still working on his Blue Corvette and would like to have more done. Right now it has tires on it and the engine mostly in. He is just getting started on the wiring and stuff like that. I had a busy year running after kids. I enjoy my days at home but sometime also wish I had a job to go to. Rachel finished up Preschool in North Platte and enjoys her Hershey school and cannot wait to ride the bus next year. Becca has grown from a baby to a toddler. She can finally keep up with Rachel and enjoys bossing Alec around like Rachel does her. Alec has been such a blessing to us. He is a super laid back easy baby. He is started to voice his likes and dislikes but overall he is just a smiley little happy guy.
    Monday we stayed home and did laundry and packed getting ready to leave on Tuesday. Mike got off work on time Tuesday so we were able to hit the road and make it to Atkinson before church. Mike decided to stay at Nicky's with the kids while I attended church with Mom, Dad, Sandi, Kristi and Family, Patsy, and Grandma Kohle. After church we went to the bar for a couple drinks before heading to Nicky's for supper. The girls enjoyed playing with their cousins and Alec got some extra snuggles from his aunts.
    We stayed the night Christmas Eve with Sandi and then got up on Christmas morning and found a couple gifts from Santa before getting dressed and heading to Mom and Dad's. We got to watch the kids open gift and enjoyed a very nice Prime Rib and Brisket lunch with all my sisters, their husbands, and kids; Grandma Tielke, Grandma Kohle, and Aunt Patsy. We stayed at Mom and Dad's Christmas night. After breakfast on Thursday we packed up and headed to the ranch for lunch with Pat and Wanda. After lunch we came back home and the kids got to open the rest of their Santa gifts. Rachel was so excited for her Princess castle and her My Little Pony stuff. Becca enjoyed her Minnie Mouse the best and Alec loved the paper!
   Friday the kids and I had lunch at Gracie Mae's and then we had to take the suburban in to get looked out as the back control panel does not have any lights. Friday night we just enjoyed some time at home. Pat and Wanda came to town on Saturday and we all got to have a late lunch together at Bailey's. Mike's Aunt Rita, Auntie J, and Grandma Priest also joined us. It was great to spend time with everyone. Pat and Wanda stayed overnight with us and the girls had a blast showing them all their new things.
  Sunday Alec and I went to church. After church we came home for naps and then Lisa, Rebekah, and Sam brought out more Christmas presents. The kids all played for awhile then it was time for Troshynski's to head home and supper and bath time for the kids.
   Monday Alec had his 6 month shots, the girls played at Troshynski's. After Alec and I got groceries at Walmart we picked up the girls, Lisa, Rebekah, and Sam and enjoyed lunch at the new Italian place in town. Mike was on call and unable to join us. Today we have been playing, baking, and getting the house in order. Rebekah is going to come out and watch the kids while Mike and I attend a New Year's Eve party at Bill and Laura Troshynski's tonight.
   What a blessing 2013 has been and I am hoping for a wonderful 2014. Mike and I are planning to do some traveling without the kids and I am hoping to get a family vacation to fit in before Rachel starts Kindergarten.

Rachel's New Sandi Scarf

Alec and Grandma Tielke

All the kids eating lunch

Lunch Time fun

The youngest and the young at heart!
 
The kids

All 5 together for another Christmas

Christmas is hard work

Rachel was so excited

Santa did a great job this year

Becca opening gifts from Santa

Alec and his paper

Christmas morning at Sandi's

Alec already practicing to help Daddy in the shop

The Grandkids

Aunt Nicky helping Alec with his gifts

Sandi and her Goddaughters 

No comments:

Post a Comment