The time has come for us to Spring Forward again. Most parents don't like this time of year because of the effects it has on their kids. I however kind of look forward to it, now instead of Becca coming into bed at 4 am she doesn't come in until 5 and Alec is waking up at 6 for his morning bottle instead of 5!
Last week was another fast moving week. Monday night Rachel and I went to Kindergarten roundup. I didn't think that I would be very affected with her going to Kindergarten as she is in school 4 mornings a week right now. As I was filling out the papers and signing up for hot lunch and the bus route it hit me. Rachel will be going through the lunch line and getting off and on the bus at school all by herself. All this at the age of 5; wow, I never experienced these things until I was a freshman in high school and I still remember how scared I was for the first day of school lunch. I know that she will have help and plenty of people watching over her but as a mom it is a little hard to let go and to let go of so many things!
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. Becca, Alec, and I attended Jazzercise a couple days and on Thursday Gwen, Cyline, Michelle, and Cinder came out to play since the weather was so nice. Becca has been so excited to get back into her sandbox that she never wants to come in. Alec enjoys swinging and going for a ride in the stroller while we are outside right now.
Friday afternoon the kids went to Gwen's house while Mike finished work and I headed to Denver. I had a nice relaxing weekend in Denver with Michelle, Laura, and Stacey. Tammy even got to meet up with us on Saturday afternoon and Sunday before we came back home. Mike took the kids to the ranch over the weekend. Becca had a great time playing with Tucker, and Rachel got to spend the night on Saturday at Ashlyn's. Alec was a little cranky but overall enjoyed his time with Grandma and Granddad.
![]() |
| Waiting for Rachel to get out of school. |
![]() |
| Do you like my teeth? Becca was being silly with the potato head stuff. |
![]() |
| First snack of the year outside. Can not wait for more warm days and outside snacks! |



No comments:
Post a Comment