Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Fireflies

    What is more symbolic of summer than catching Fireflies? I have very fond memories of catching fireflies and putting them in jars at home when we would have parties. Mike however got to catch his first Firefly this weekend. 
    Monday we stayed home and got some much needed rest after the busy weekend. We had Shannon come out Monday night so I could go have some drink with some friends and Mike was supposed to go golfing but got called into work for a surgery. After his case we went over to Shawn and Michelle's for a couple drinks and came home. Tuesday we went to lunch at Gracie Mae's and then Sophia came out and watched the kids while I mowed. It was so nice having someone here so I didn't have to run in and out of the house a hundred times while I mowed. We got some corn on the cob while we were in town and the kids loved it and ate a ton.
   Wednesday it was cooler so we had Sam come out to play. The girls always enjoy their time with Sam but he was ready to go home. After I took Sam home I ran through Walmart by myself! Mike was home from work early so he kept the kids while I ran to town. Thursday Alec went to Michelle's while I met some friends and took the girls to the Thursday kids' movie. It was the Lego Movie, Sam also went with us. Rachel and Sam both really liked it but Becca had more fun going to the bathroom every 15 minutes!
   Friday we did some Laundry and played outside. Friday evening we went to town and ate at Rachel's favorite place: Margarita's! After supper we had to drop a dog brush off at Lisa's and enjoyed a couple drink on their back patio. Saturday morning we cleaned the house and then packed bags and headed to Kearney for Cruise Night. Mike, I and the kids walked around downtown and looked at the cars while Cindy and Kent finished up work. After they were done with their stuff they meet us downtown for some drinks. Mike, Kent and the girls watched a little bit of the car parade before we went to Hyvee for supper.
   After supper we played mother may I outside and then when it was dark enough the girls, Mike and Kent caught fireflies! The girls thought it was really cool and actually each caught one of their own. Rachel slept in the office that night with the jar of fireflies. Sunday the guys got up and went golfing, I ran to Target and then took the kids to Yanney Park while Cindy went to church. After the park we got some  lunch and then headed home during nap time.




Bubba figured out how to climb on the kitchen chairs. He was very proud of himself.
Our fireflies
Kent and the girls on the hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment