Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Independence Day

   Independence Day - 4th of July; which do you prefer? We have always called it 4th of July but as I watched my kids and all my family this weekend I think Independence Day may be a better fit. It was so much fun watching the kids play outside and at the park without a care in the world. They were able to go on adventures with a buddy and not always be right in front of an adult. I know what some are thinking, you let your child out of site. Yes I let Rachel go to the park with her cousin and I let Sam ride bikes around town with my nephew. Where else in the world can this happen? Sadly not many places but there in the little town of Stuart we let them and they were safe. They were being watched, watched by many people. Everyone knew who they belonged to, maybe not who they were but definitely who they belonged too. I had may people over the course of the day come up to me and say, "I know which ones are yours, they look just like you /Mike!"
     We ended the month of June with Alec getting his 1 year shots. We then came home for naps and enjoyed the evening outside playing soccer and baseball. Alec found out that he could climb up the steps outside and then crawl down and around the hill to get back to the steps so he could climb up them again. Boy if you would just walk your life would be easier. I am glad that he is still afraid of going down the steps because the gate in the hall gets left open about as much as it gets closed and my only fear when it is open is if the toilet seat is down in the bathroom.
    Tuesday I did laundry to get ready for the weekend. The girls enjoyed the cool morning outside while riding bikes. They love to ride in the garage as well as on the road. It is so cute to look out and see Rachel and Becca helping each other as the hill coming back up the driveway is a little steep for each of them and they both require a little help. Tuesday night Alec got his second hair cut. He giggled most the time and actually sat still and let us cut it in just a couple minutes. It is during those moments that I am glad Mike has had a lot of experience in grooming so that he is able to cut Alec's hair while he is moving around.
   Wednesday we played and picked the first vegetables from our garden. The radishes were finally ready. It is such a good feeling to pick something from a garden that you started from seeds. I love my garden and already have plans for next year. It is so much fun to go out and see what is new and how much it grows every day. Wednesday evening the kids and I meet Kate, Hanna, and Dutch at Cody Park for a little birthday party for the boys. Everyone had a good time and the kids all loved there new movies. After the park we meet Mike at Gracie Mae's for supper before he went back to the hospital for another case.
    Thursday we packed bags and got the house in order to be gone for 4 days. Lisa, Rebekah, and Sam took the girls to Stuart with them. The girls enjoyed their time with Lisa, Sam, and Rebekah and Mike and I enjoyed our trip with just one child! When we got to Stuart Thursday night it was time for cruise night so we all loaded onto the trailer and enjoyed some trips down main with the whole family. Even Grandma Kohle got to go and ride in her rocking chair.
    Friday Mike got up early and enjoyed running in the 5K with Lisa, Sam, and Rebekah. I was going to run but the kids actually slept in. We all got ready and made it to Stuart for the parade. After the parade we went to Grandma's for lunch, then to the park for the kids' races, downtown for the duck races, and ended the day back at Grandma's for the fireworks. Rachel got 2nd place in the leap frog with Payton. Mike was in a golf tournament with my cousin Ethan. The girls enjoyed playing in the street during the duck races. Becca and Alec went to bed before the firework and Rachel, Kinley, Ansley, and Payton entertained us with stories while we waited for the fireworks to start after midnight.
    Saturday we went to Jim and Linda's cabin for a beach party. The girl enjoyed playing in the sand and water and Alec played in the baby pool a little but enjoyed crawling in the rocks the most. After roasting hot dogs and marshmallows over the fire we ate lunch and headed to town for naps. Cindy let us shower and clean up in her hotel room and then as I jumped in the shower both girls fell asleep and we all enjoyed an afternoon nap. After naps we got ready for the rodeo and headed to Grandma's for supper. The rodeo was fun and we got to see Laura, Bryan, Kelly, and Chris all rope! After the rodeo we headed back to Nicky and Clay's for our last night. We got up Sunday and I went to church with Nicky and Jaxson. We then packed our thing and came back home.
    What a weekend. The kids are still tired today but they all had a great time and were much better behaved and slept better than I thought they would. What a great weekend and memories we made.

4th of July Shirts I made for the kids.


Rachel running
She was so happy to get a ribbon
Right after the leapfrog



Alec's favorite place at the cabin

Becca enjoyed the sand

Rachel enjoying a paddle boat ride

You caught me by the rocks again

At the parade.

Some of the Kohle Grandkids after the parade

Watching the kids races is hard work.
2 of my very favorite people. Chris and Becca


All the Kohle Grand-kids except Tanner and Jaidyn at the cabin.
Stories while we waited for the fireworks.



No comments:

Post a Comment