Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas Prep

   Christmas Prep and more things Christmas. I'm not sure if I'm more excited for Christmas or for the year to be over so that I can submit all my blog entry's and have another year of blogging put into a book. I think it is a little of both. I am finally done Christmas shopping!! I also was able to capture a picture each day last week so here we go a week of our lives with a picture included each day.
   Monday Rachel had a late start at school due to the snow. There really was not much snow but it was blowing pretty well it did make it a little hard to see. Since we had a late start we did not make our usual trip to Walmart so we just came home after drop off and cleaned the fish tank and then Becca played in the snow. Alec really wanted to play but did not like having to wear boot!
Becca thinks Alec does not like his boots because they are pink!

Becca and Roger loving the snow.
     Tuesday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After Jazz we went to Walmart. I am sure glad that we have 2 weeks without school so I can leave Alec with a babysitter while I go to Walmart. Alec is not a fan of shopping already; he definitely takes after me in that category. After school Rachel, Becca, and Alec all played outside. Alec decided maybe the boots are not so bad if it got him outside and in the snow.
Eating snow. The only reason Rachel likes to play in it.

Not so bad on the cement.

I may like this after all.
    Wednesday we took Rachel to school and then went to Jazzercise. After Jazz we came home and started organizing toys to get ready for Christmas. I cleaned out the toy box in the living room and then during nap time went down to the girls room and organized all their toys. Rachel has done a very good job keeping everything picked up now that it all has its own space. After school we meet Mike at Grandma Priest's while Rachel was at CCD. Mike then took the little ones home while Rachel and I went to Babs Christmas concert. She sang a duet of "When Christmas Comes to Town." She did very well and Rachel enjoyed the concert.

Rachel and Babs after the concert.
  
    Thursday Becca, Alec and I left early in the morning to take Michelle to the airport in Grand Island so she could fly to Arizona to see her family. Mike got Rachel ready and then dropped her off at Neighbor Melissa's before school. I had planned on doing some shopping in GI but Alec was not feeling well so we made a quick stop at Kohl's and then headed to Kearney. Alec was feeling a little better so we stopped to see Cindy and Kent and made a stop at Hyvee before coming home. By the time we got home Alec was really sick and just wanted me to hold him.
Poor sick baby

    Friday Alec was still sick. I did manage to get a few things done in the morning while he was feeling okay and then Gwen and Cyline came out to watch the kids while I went to school to help with Rachel's Christmas party. When we got home after school Alec was not feel well and he and I spent the rest of the night in the chair rocking. I was very thankful Mike was home as Becca was starting to feel bad that I could not hold her.
Poor bubba was so tired he fell asleep sitting up waiting for me to get out of the shower.


Rachel's class made Olaf!
   Saturday Alec was feeling a little better but still not 100% so we stayed home and worked on the basement. The girls went out to play again but Bubba had to stay in with mom and dad.
Alec and Becca playing through the door.
   Sunday we went to church and then meet Pat and Wanda for lunch. They came to town to finish their Christmas shopping. After lunch we came home so the kids could nap and had family movie night. We still don't have everything done in the basement so I am going to wait and post pictures when to project is complete.
Rachel, Becca, and Grandma were racing home after lunch!

   I will try to get on tomorrow and post more of the pictures that we took for Christmas card and a copy of our Christmas card to keep for the blog books. Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment